argos clearance

2»

Comments

• avensis
    avensis Posts: 10 Forumite
    Oh, my apologies - Erm, I get the distinct impression that I cant name a company..... Terribly sorry and wont do it again
  • cazxx1
    cazxx1 Posts: 433 Forumite
    hi is there 1 in birmingham cheers
  • Just be careful though - just because it's in one of these shops it doesn't mean to say you can't get it cheaper. So it's worth checking out the price in store and then check a few price comparison sites to see if it's cheaper.

Clearance Bargains also have an eBay store: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Clearance-Bargains_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsxQ3amesstQQtZkm
  • Has anyone bought off this ebayer and how were the goods? There's a few digi camera's starting at 99p bid price. But wouldn't buy his memory cards I've seen a 2gb card for a fiver from local supermarket.
    O
  • greencode
    greencode Posts: 401
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Has anyone bought off this ebayer and how were the goods? There's a few digi camera's starting at 99p bid price. But wouldn't buy his memory cards I've seen a 2gb card for a fiver from local supermarket.

Yeah I purchased an iPod Shuffle a while back and it was fine. I think it's all stuff that gets returned to Argos within the Argos 14 day money back period. It's a proper company. For memory cards I either use Play.com, Amazon Marketplace or mymemory.co.uk. I always buy Kingston because they're quality when it comes to memory.
  • Kelouba
    Kelouba Posts: 25 Forumite
    cazxx1 wrote: »
    hi is there 1 in birmingham cheers

I know of a similar shop in Birmingham but they mainly sell Tesco returns. They do sell Argos returns too.

The shop is in Erdington high street, its not far from the city center really.

The shop is called www.xcat.co.uk yes that is what its called, and its next to the Abbey bank, on the opposite side to Thorntons.
    Not got much to say really. :)
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Has anyone bought off this ebayer and how were the goods? There's a few digi camera's starting at 99p bid price. But wouldn't buy his memory cards I've seen a 2gb card for a fiver from local supermarket.

I bought a sony camcorder from them and it was brand new still never been out of its packagaing.

You do need to watch the auctions set yourself a limit and wait till you can get what you want for the cheapest price.
  • Just bought a 32'' Full HD LCD TV
    from Argos Clearance Stanley - Managers Special

Brought it home looked it up online to see how much we had saved
    compared to other stores

and am amazed -
    we paid £199.99

but when we googled it Argos them selves came up
    and the TV is on sale for £189.99..

not happy at all...:(

any one else found this..

surely this can't be right!!!!!
    to be doing this...or be able to do this.....

:(

any help appreciated......

Annie
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ~Chili Davis
  • haynick
    haynick Posts: 521 Forumite
    Research before you buy in future. I think they can sell at what price they like!
  • Anyone know of one in the Central Scotland area?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure