Best car boots in and around Watford

Options
Lady_E
Lady_E Posts: 1,046 Forumite
Spring is with us and we have loads and loads of stuff that needs to be off loaded . Anyone know of a good carboot vicinity of Watford that we can display and flog our wares??

Comments

• Lady_E
    Lady_E Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    There most be someone in Herts who can help??? Please
  • mgardner
    mgardner Posts: 388 Forumite
    Options
    Lady_E wrote:
    Spring is with us and we have loads and loads of stuff that needs to be off loaded . Anyone know of a good carboot vicinity of Watford that we can display and flog our wares??

Hi Goggle Carbootjunction.com. It lists carboots by area. Good Luck,
    Sealed pot challenge 543
  • iian
    iian Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    There is supposed to be a good one in Denham, I havent been myself but have been told its pretty big and busy so could be worth a 10-15 minute drive. I know they started doing them at Bovingdon, but dont know if they are still doing them and havent been either.
  • kittiwoz
    kittiwoz Posts: 1,321 Forumite
    Options
    There's oneon sunday in the station car park in Ricky.
  • fifo_2
    fifo_2 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    Hi lady E, don't know if you are still looking in, but I actually tried selling at the Denham sale and was very, very dissapointed

clearing out a job lot of pristine/as new/unused pc/gaming stuff and consumables, childrens novelties, books, CDs and videos

the week before and after i took around £140 and £120 at two different car boot sales (less entry fee). at denham with the exact same goods I took just over £40 (then less entry fee), it was very dissapointing

forwhatever reason what I sold successfully elsewhere at the same labelled prices was not popular in denham. clientel in denham was far more culturally diverse, especially eastern european shoppers. other two car boot sales were more middle england

in denham shoppers appeared to be looking for different things and a lot more value for money. in the other two sales, there was an element of haggling, but in denham it was all haggle and silly offers.

i would never even chance there again

might be worth taking a look first at what seems to be popular there. pitches around me with tools and s/h clothes seemed to attract far more interest than childrens toys and bric a brac ornaments, although i don't know how they were doing pricewise
  • Curlyone
    Curlyone Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 August 2009 at 12:48PM
    Options
    :jThere's a new giant car boot sale every Sunday in Bushey, Watford on Little Bushey Lane, behind Costco. Found out about it in the Watford Observer. It was really busy last week and we sold loads of our unwanted and second hand things from home. Also had some new never been worn clothes and unwanted gifts and took over £200! Hundreds of buyers - and no haggling - what a bonus!! Will definitely do it again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure