IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Should I pay..Civil Enforcement Ltd?

Comments

• tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    The advice on Pepipoo is to not reply to any of them.
    Happy chappy
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    We've just had a similar ticket relating to parking at Kinnaird Park, Edinburgh.

We've decided to ignore it and see what happens, similar to the rest of the advice above.

hi beancounter, is it the same company as this one Civil enforcement ltd? Im taking all the advice and going to ignore it, i just wish i could find someone who has dealt with them. My boyfriend has had several 'tickets' from parking at the Parkhead Forge while the footies on, his mates a top policeman and told him to never send them anything, hes never had any follow ups from them. but again it was a Glasgow firm.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    If you look on pepipoo, you will find some discussions about Civil Enforcement.
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    nic2075 wrote: »
    hi beancounter, is it the same company as this one Civil enforcement ltd? Im taking all the advice and going to ignore it, i just wish i could find someone who has dealt with them. My boyfriend has had several 'tickets' from parking at the Parkhead Forge while the footies on, his mates a top policeman and told him to never send them anything, hes never had any follow ups from them. but again it was a Glasgow firm.
    Ah well, at least clamping is illegal in Bonnie Scotland so they can't try that one for a repeat offender.
  • nic2075 wrote: »
    hi beancounter, is it the same company as this one Civil enforcement ltd?

It is not the same company (can't remember the name, though!)
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life
  • gsmmad wrote: »
    i would actually suggest a different approach. Go on websites where they deal with things like this all the time. they will give u templates of letters to send off which is the best thing to do.

I got one of these i ignored it and i am now passed down to newlyn or something a baliff company who havent tried anything but send me letters. I got 2 so far in the last year. I am going to write them a couple of letters if i get another letter but its not a good fealing being passed down to a baliff company.

I'd like to see a bailiff try operating lawfully without a court order.
  • They have not once gone to court over this, they threaten but it is big on pepipoo and this company is a joke
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • mags13_2
    mags13_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 April 2009 at 6:13PM
    I too got a parking ticket from Irvine Multi Storey car park today. I have read all the forums saying you should not pay. I would love to hear the outcome of your ticket, nic2075
  • mrcow
    mrcow Posts: 15,170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Nic - just was wondering what happened with this (if anything?)

I've had an identical letter from these people today. I'm going to file it and see what happens, just wondered how you got on with it?
    "One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
    Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
  • Hi can anyone update me as to what has happened to people who have ignored PCN's issued to them from Civil Enforcement Ltd.

I received a ticket in the post this morning for parking my coach in a car park and boss is concerned because we are a company and not an individual.

Is it still right to ignore them and can anyone update me to what happens ?

Thank you inadvance.

Helen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family