TMTI Cancellation? can it be done

zetec-ss
zetec-ss Posts: 12 Forumite
hi guys, i've been with e2save for about 2.5 months now. anyway the first thing i did when i got the phone was end the geeksquad insurance direct debit, there's me thinking i've done everything now...i can just enjoy the contract and the mins. then my debit card statement comes through the post and what do you know, "DD- TMTI" is right at the top with the numbers £17.94 next to it. i've read up a bit on it and i didnt even know this was included in the contract, and i'm sure i read the e2save contract when i received it through the post. the problem is i might of mislayed the original e2save contract so if i need to get some details from there i really am in a mess. how do i go about cancelling the TMTI contact? i think i've been charged twice so far and its about 20 days from the next DD payement. i've tried to call TMTI just now but they close their helpline at 1730. i just need you guys to answer some questions for me please...

can i cancel the contract?
will i get a refund on the payments i have already made? (total £35.92)
what information do i need to have before i ring them?

Comments

• hotkee
    hotkee Posts: 505 Forumite
    I got a new contract last week through dialaphone - expected insurance cover to be put on without me asking. But on the order email it had this new rubbish Gadget Help line.

I called dialaphone chap says I should get a letter from these nuggets tmti soon with instructions to cancel - a week on still waiting.

I too have cancelled my insurance.

Dont know about your deal but on mine, the tmti nonsense is for 30 days (in which I can cancel) otherwise I get ripped off for the same amount as you have been. I will cancel this somehow.

Unfortunately I do think you are past your limit - I would expect them to give you 30 days free and after that you are tied in.

I complained to Consumer Direct and got an email telling me to first write to dialaphone - which left thinking for what - Dialaphone have already told me I can cancel this stuff but they wont stop putting these unwanted things on the contract order.

Ofcom web site equally useless - no way to complain - mis-selling CLASS A.
  • hotkee
    PS This is what I just found on dialaphone site

The Gadget Helpline support service may be cancelled at any time prior to the first payment being collected at no charge.
    Cancellations and/or refund requests can be made either by:
    • Logging on to the website www.gadgethelpline.com and go to the cancellation page at the bottom of the screen.
    • Email to gadgethelpline@tmti.net
    • Writing to: Gadget Helpline Limited, Corsley Heath, Nr Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 7PL.
    Please ensure you quote the subscriber name, address and any reference number in your communication. Any cancellations made following the collection of the first Direct Debit will carry a minimum administration fee of £5.00.
  • zetec-ss
    edited 5 May 2009 at 6:05PM
    i better not be tied in, my phone contract is 18months, will i be tied in for 12 or 18months!

there has got to be a way of getting out of this? i don't remember receiving a letter from TMTI, how can i be tied in!

can anyone confirm this?

sorry just read your post

does that mean i can end the direct debit from TMTI with a charge of £5~? even though i've made two payments?
  • hotkee
    Online cancellation http://www.gadgethelpline.com/ via the link at top.

Dont know about whether they will let you.
  • zetec-ss
    edited 5 May 2009 at 6:18PM
    "Any cancellations made following the collection of the first Direct Debit will carry a minimum administration fee of £5.00."
    surely this means i can termintate the contract. i'll give them a call tomorrow morning as soon as they open. i've got a feeling that online process will take a long time and i don't know what reference number they are referring to. if they are referring to their own reference number i don't think i've received a letter from them before!
  • hotkee
    You might be lucky.

Well I am waiting for the letter from TMTI, dont know how e2save work but dialaphone told me I would get a letter.

Sent an email to this gadget lot to ask for cancellation even though I have no reference number. Gave them my details.

Sent a complaint to dialaphone too by email (tried to use online form on dialaphone site - get an error - typical)
  • zetec-ss
    hotkee wrote: »
    You might be lucky.

Well I am waiting for the letter from TMTI, dont know how e2save work but dialaphone told me I would get a letter.

Sent an email to this gadget lot to ask for cancellation even though I have no reference number. Gave them my details.

Sent a complaint to dialaphone too by email (tried to use online form on dialaphone site - get an error - typical)
    yeah if i were you i'd try and cancel asap, you won't get a letter through the post, i guarentee. i'm going to have a search around for that letter but if i remember correctly, i've never received anything from TMTI!.

thanks for you advice. drop me a PM or post in this thread if you get a response from TMTI with your cancellation without reference number because i think i will be cancelling or trying to cancell without a reference number.
  • zetec-ss
    just to let you guys know, i've contacted TMTI and they offered me a part refund at first. i asked to speak with the manager as i wanted a full refund. she put me on hold for 2secs and then said "manager as away from office at the moement, i can offer you a full refund". the service at TMTI is brilliant, they picked my call up in 2seconds and they are very fast and efficent. i'll wait for my statement to come through but i'm sure i'll get a full refund. make sure you guys take a reference number of the call and the persons name you were speaking too.

cheers guys.
  • Hi there, I've also had a mobile phone I bought off a website with the Gadget Helpline attached to it - whether I wanted it or not! I cancelled it online the day before the free month was up and received a letter confirming the cancellation two days later - no problems. (This was April)

I've just checked my bank statement though and I have been direct debited £17.94 by TMTI Ltd (which freaked me out to begin with as I've never heard of them - but Googling it showed up that it's Gadget Helpline by another name) , so I rang them about two minutes ago and got through straight away. There was a very helpful lady at the end of the phone who offered me a full refund straight away, which should appear in my bank in the next two days.

Apparently it happens quite a lot as they have to ask the bank for your money at least two days before it's due to be paid - so although you might cancel it before the month is up, it's too late for the money to not go out.

The website I cancelled it through in the first place (and got a confirmation of cancellation letter from) was gadgethelpline.com
    and the number I rang a couple of mins ago was 0870 429 6091.

Hope that's of help.
  • hotkee
    I still have no email replies from the gadget line or dialaphone.

Dialaphone useless - I tried ringing them and same nightmare I experienced as in 2007 once, endless talking to some machine voice asking me questions - 8 options in final menu and I keep selecting Other (number 8) and it keeps telling me the same blasted options.

I rang the gadget line number and the lady told me they dont have me registered, she said I might get a registeration letter in a few days - so have to wait.

Dialaphone if you are listening you are useless - never again with this hassle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure