Best value/quality 5 door small car

2»

Comments

• frowner
    frowner Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've got a Peugeot 107, which is five door. I'm not sure how much they are brand new, but I got mine which was 9-months old for £5600, it's a lovely little car to drive and very economical.

Do they feel very small inside? On Autotrader they are about £6300 + for a newish one, did you have to haggle much? thanks
  • Hi
    I drive a Honda Jazz and love it, sturdy body, 1.4L engine so has a bit of kick, if can get fully loaded model.
    Previous to this I drove a fiat Punto and loved this car. good seating postion loads of head & leg room, only negative flimsy body (high winds)
    Out of the 2 cars the Honda is my number 1 (sorry Fiat).
    :hello:SadSadJenJen
    url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]3652140.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • frowner wrote: »
    Do they feel very small inside? On Autotrader they are about £6300 + for a newish one, did you have to haggle much? thanks

Erm...well, I don't think it feels small inside. My last car was a Citroen Saxo, which is also a small car but was bigger than the 107, but I don't feel the 107 felt any smaller inside.

It was advertised at £200 more than I paid for it and I asked if he'd knock anything off and that was what he offered, to be honest I think I have got a bargain. He had a queue of people waiting to take it for a test drive and luckily I was at the front of the queue. The Citroen C1 and Toyota Aygo are the exact same car, I think the Citroen is the cheapest out of the three of them.
    Start Date: 27/11/2010
    Padding: Day 42
    Target £8000
    Amount: £562.23
  • Wife has a Kia Picanto - excellent small car with 5drs, low road tax, insurance and relatively cheap for a nearly new on.Good warranty too.
    Just make sure it has central locking as standard (not all of them do)

A quick look on autotrader says a 58 plate will cost less than £6k, with all the extras included, and less tha 2000 miles on the clock.
    Wha's like us - damn few, an' they're a' deid
    :footie:

Competition wins:-
    July - Magic mince cookbook (first win)
  • frowner
    frowner Posts: 139 Forumite
    Any others that are more corsa size? anyone any advice on making offers etc, i'm never any good at striking a deal!
  • AdrianHi
    AdrianHi Posts: 2,228 Forumite
    Check Glasses guide for car values and what you should be offering and then politely and confidently ask for the car at the price you want to pay. It either works or they say no and you move on, no drama.

Mazda 2 is world car of the year 2008, holding it's value too well in year 1 so still has lots of depreciation to happen after you've bought it used. If you were going to buy new this would be a superb choice. Still is if you like it enough to pay extra for it.
  • BillTrac
    BillTrac Posts: 1,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Frowner, my wife has C1, 5 doors with bags of room inside although pitiful boot. Great car to drive , even I like driving it( but only at night..lol)

Seriously, it is a very good, reliable, cheap to run car. 60 mpg, £35 Road Fund etc. And as stated in a previous post, although basically the same car as a 107 and Toyota Aygo is the least expensive, and looks better too.
  • BillScarab
    BillScarab Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Hintza wrote: »
    Not having driven one hard to say but I believe the Swift is supposed to be great fun to drive.

Excellent fun to drive. A really good little car.
    It's my problem, it's my problem
    If I feel the need to hide
    And it's my problem if I have no friends
    And feel I want to die

• vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Ther were some stonking deals on Punto last couple weeks & still are some good offers, too.

Remember, Punto & Corsa are pretty much the same car - just different badges.

Panda is VERRRRY good value for £$£$ & a practical, well built car (NOT made in Italy, though)

The Swift is great package - funky & get the bigger engine, you'll be more than happy with performance & spec. But you won't get new at your £$£$

Check http://www.honestjohn.co.uk in his Car By Car Breakdown pages for comments about ALL makes.

Also his This Weeks Deals section, for GENUINE up to date offers, too!!

VB
  • Jeannine
    Jeannine Posts: 342 Forumite
    Here's another vote for the Fiat Panda! Had one (well two actually) over the last 5 years and think it's a really great car. Fun to drive, economical, low insurance etc etc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure