Benefit payments over Christmas

Comments

• FRESTER
    FRESTER Posts: 383 Forumite
    Got my careers today which was due on Monday :j
  • WantToBeSE wrote: »
    I have a question about JSA over Christmas.

I am due to sign on Tuesday 18th, and will get my payment into my bank account on 21st.

My nexy sign on date after that will be Tuesday 1st Jan (a bank holiday). So does anyone have any idea what date i will have to sign on instead of the 1st Jan?
    It wont be Sat, Sun or Mon (the 29th, 30th, 31st Dec) as its the weekend and the monday is another BH.
    Any ideas please?
    You sign on the same days as myself ...When i signed on 18th DEC I got a letter saying i wouldn't have to sign on for 4 weeks meaning the 15th January..I am surprised they didn't advise you of this when you last signed on ...just goes to prove how the JC messes things up ....any excuse to sanction someone .....;)
  • Just to say, don't take the notices in the Post Office as gospel, as they didn't even mention anything about Carer's Allowance, and mine went in today when it normally would have gone in on the 24th
  • Signing is suspended for all customers due to sign in the four-week period from Monday, 10 December 2012 until Friday, 4 January 2013

this true?
  • No its not true, it is suspended from 24/12 to 2/1 inclusive.
  • The HMRC site says I was due my CTC on 21 Dec as my usual payment date would have been 24 Dec, yet I have just checked my bank account and the payment is still being made on 24th!

Payment due date Date your payment will be made

24 Dec 2012 21 Dec 2012
    25 Dec 2012 (Christmas Day) 24 Dec 2012
    31 Dec 2012 28 Dec 2012
    1 Jan 2013 (New Year’s Day) 31 Dec 2012

So I should assume that my payment due on 31 Dec will still be made on 31 Dec and not 28 Dec?!?!

Thanks HMRC for messing that up :(
  • I am due payments on 25th and was told 24th :exclamati:

We were told the 24th too and now uts here, they are closed and conveniently we are penniless. Anybody else in the same boat?
  • Patronus wrote: »
    I'm due on the 26th and rang this morning and was told payments have been sent out and it will be in my bank on the 21st.

HTH
    :beer:

We were also told this and when the 21st came they told ys the. 24th. We are still waiting
  • jasper12
    jasper12 Posts: 189 Forumite
    We were told the 24th too and now uts here, they are closed and conveniently we are penniless. Anybody else in the same boat?

Who's closed? CTC? They are open today.

Are you saying your payment isn't in? Have you phoned the bank to check if anything pending.?
  • We were told by the job centre that our ESA payment which was due on 26th Dec would first go in on the 21st Dec. The 21st and 22nd came and went and no money. We were THEN told that it was actioned on the 19th and would be in today and low and behold midnight and 6am came and went and theres no payment. Cant ring jcp as they are CLOSED sooooo what do I do??? Its lucky I suspected that thus might happen and kept enough back to see us until the 27th or we would be screwed over christmas!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure