PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Quick response please-would you eat sausages 2 days out of date?

Hi all,I'm cooking these already,so quick advice please! I bought tescos finest chipolatas on friday,planned to eat tonight,as toad in the whole(so they will get fried first then oven cooked).Just got them from fridge and they were sell by saturday use by sunday,today is Tuesday.

I've just put them onto fry,I think they smell fine,but I'm wondering if we should eat them or not.For the sake of wasting loads of quality sausages,is it worth running the risk of poisoning the family and making all sick! Or will they be fine??
Another question whilst I'm here,just found a forgotten broccoli,its just turning green to yellow,is it now useless or would it be o.k in a soup?I hate wasting food!

threadbanner.gif

Comments

• vonph1
    vonph1 Posts: 181 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hubby has just eaten sausages which were out of date yesterday, he appears well!! LOl

Enjoy!

Von
  • esthomizzy
    esthomizzy Posts: 492 Forumite
    I would but then I'm always eating stuff out of date. If it doesn't actually look or smell manky then I eat it.
    MFi3 member 105 - MFW date Oct 2023 - 12 years 9 months more
  • MissMuppet
    MissMuppet Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    I would, if it's only 2 days I don't see the harm.. if they smelt funny then I would have thought twice about it. :)
  • Leopardlady
    Leopardlady Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would eat them if they didn't smel;l funny, these things never go off as quickly as they say! Enjoy them:)
    Leopardlady
    Got married on the 26th April 08!!!!!!!:j:T

Bumpy Bean was due 20th Nov 2010, born 15th Nov :j:j:T
  • Yes! Is that quick enough ;) If not, yes, if they smell OK :beer:

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    The broccolli will be fine to eat in soup, it does not go poisonous just because it changes colour. Think of purple sprouting broccolli, you have yellow sprouting now
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • youngie
    youngie Posts: 999 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    let common sense rule if it looks ok and smells ok use it
  • balmaiden
    balmaiden Posts: 623 Forumite
    Quick reply; Broccoli yes, sausages no.

Contrary to other views I just wouldnt trust any meat out of date,sorry.
    Away with the fairies.... Back soon
  • lbt_2
    lbt_2 Posts: 565 Forumite
    No, but this is one of my funny ways so probably best to ignore me :)
  • Bongedone
    Bongedone Posts: 2,457 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sausages contain a lot of salt so are well preserved. Just make sure you cook them through properly. I don't think I would use them beyond 3 days either way. If they don't look right or are slimy then chuck them.

P.s. They can smell okay due to the seasonings even if they don't look okay.

Maybe 2 hours does not class as a quick response. If you are still alive tomorrow then let everybody know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure