My New Diary!

Options
I used to be an avid member of the diaries and fighting debt but I started to lose the fight and I lost my house in 2011 which has now added to the debt I owe, so although I have some of it under control and payment plans in place I'll be over 60 before its all paid off at the current pace I'm going!

I'm going to use this diary so I can keep track of how much I owe and what i'm paying off and how I'm making extra money!

My partner and I finally got married this year after almost 9 years and 3 kids later and I am pleased to say we don't owe a single penny from it :T So I know if we can buckle down and pay for that then we can hack some of our huge debts!

I need to have some NSD as I have a habit of taking the kids to school and popping into the morrisons next door and spending a fortune on things I didn't need!

I have nearly completed the christmas present shopping and should be completely done by the end of the week hopefully, then all left over money can start going towards overpayments!

I have started to crochet gifts for some people and hopefully next year I might start making things to sell!

I already meal plan and do a weekly budget so that I know exactly what money is going where so I have no excuses to not do this!
Total Debt [STRIKE]£36323[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE]:eek: £19000 January 2016

Comments

• Tinka21
    Tinka21 Posts: 375 Forumite
    Options
    Just been through my weekly budget from now until the end of January and I can make an extra £300 in over payments by the end of Jan! So I should be able to take my debt total to below £36000! If I carry on at this rate I will be debt free in 9 years but I really want to get this down to 5 years!
    Total Debt [STRIKE]£36323[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE]:eek: £19000 January 2016
  • Tinka21
    Options
    I am wondering whether or not to write to a couple of creditors asking for full and final settlements so I can maybe get rid of a couple of the smaller debts but for a fraction of the price?
    Any thoughts on this would be brill :)
  • lurvlyloz
    lurvlyloz Posts: 877 Forumite
    Options
    hi Tinka.

Happy new diary :)

i have recently contacted my Car loan & got a final settlement which i transfereed on to my virgin cc 0% for BT. this saved me £80 on the final amount which made me feel better so it might be worth a try.

good luck & i'll keep checking back on your progress :) x
    Facing up to things - nov 2012 total 9334.95
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

Debt Free Date March 8th 2017 (31st birthday)
  • Tinka21
    Options
    Thanks for that! 90% of my debts are with debt collection agencies so I'm hoping they will be just glad to get rid of me! lol
  • lurvlyloz
    Options
    haha.

personally i would call them and get settlement figures and see how you get on. i know its usually pay the highest interest rate first but if your with DCAs you could save some in the long run with the totals.

always worth an ask :)
    back to work after baby -Jan 2014 - total [STRIKE]6905.28 [/STRIKE](1 credit card) £3535

• Tinka21
    Options
    I have wrote a letter to one and need to find addresses for 2 more and fingers crossed I can pay all 3 off at a reduced rate then that will leave me 9 more debts to pay off.
    My big debts are from having the house repossessed but all interest is frozen and we are making very small payments on them, so although they are a pain i'm not too concerned about them yet. In my head if I can get rid of all the niggly little ones then I can concentrate on the big stuff! lol
  • lurvlyloz
    Options
    that would be the thought process of my head too..i know alot of others would do the snowball method of paying highest interest but as you say if its frozen...then i would agree with your thoughts :)

• Tinka21
    Options
    Today I have got son number 2 at home with a high temperature so while he sleeps on the sofa I am crocheting a baby blanket for his teacher as she is leaving at xmas to have her baby. I'm hoping the husband can get a break at work later so he can pick son number 1 up from school so I don't have to drag the baby and poorly one out in this awful weather.

On a better note though, last year I bought a red Next dress for my baby daughter off ebay for 99p to wear xmas day, so as its getting near xmas again thought I would re-sell on ebay and got £7.50 for it! Not a bad profit!
  • lurvlyloz
    Options
    all helps doesnt uit.

hope your littleun feels better soon :)

• Tinka21
    Options
    So, today's jobs are to post an ebay item and do some more crochet!

Nothing much money saving but I did manage a NSD yesterday! yay! Need to go and buy bread and get some gas but thats it until tomorrow when I'm hoping to finish off some xmas shopping.

I have got a £10 argos voucher and £22 Next vouchers (from a shopping survey site :) ) to use towards it so i'm hoping I wont spend too much cash!

Hope everyone is having a good day today xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure