Anything & Everything New York (PART 2) - [please search thread before posting]

Comments

• becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Maybe not - but at least we're both east siders :D

The music venues look cool around LES though - I didnt do much clubbing so thats a target for next time!
  • hi all

going to NY for a week on the 13th and we'll be there for Valentine's day :D wondering if anyone has any ideas on what we could do to make it abit special, nice resturants, somethnig different etc, as a NY newbie i don't know what's around.
    I did try and book the Two times (revolving) at the Marriott Times Square but its fully booked all day for the 14th so ive booked the 15th instead.

Ideas would be welcome :D xx

Quidco to date = £1224 cashback
  • Restaurant week happening from 18th Jan-30th Jan. http://nycgo.com/ $24 dollars for lunches and $34 for nice dinners.

Kerrrching!
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    whatever happened to restaurant week price matching the year??

it should be $20.09 for the meal! bah.. inflation, stupid stupid inflation

M

*my head is hurting*
  • markymoo wrote: »
    whatever happened to restaurant week price matching the year??

it should be $20.09 for the meal! bah.. inflation, stupid stupid inflation

M

*my head is hurting*

Here here!
  • bamblolo
    bamblolo Posts: 236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just to let all you know i have just returned from a very enjoyable stay at the above hotel. We were there for New Year and went to times square but im afraid we didnt last till midnight it was so cold we ran back to our hotel and watched it on the T.V. The hotel was very nice and well located we found our way round no problem even using the subway! I just want to go back this year but i dont think i would go for New Year again it was so busy. Hope this helps anyone thinking of going.
  • wept
    wept Posts: 170 Forumite
    hi all

going to NY for a week on the 13th and we'll be there for Valentine's day :D wondering if anyone has any ideas on what we could do to make it abit special, nice resturants, somethnig different etc, as a NY newbie i don't know what's around.
    I did try and book the Two times (revolving) at the Marriott Times Square but its fully booked all day for the 14th so ive booked the 15th instead.

Ideas would be welcome :D xx

We went the day after Thanksgiving to The View great meal fantastic quality - awesome view.
    Not that expensive really 3 course meal for 2 - a couple of beers and fruit based drink for the lady came to $212.
  • wept wrote: »
    We went the day after Thanksgiving to The View great meal fantastic quality - awesome view.
    Not that expensive really 3 course meal for 2 - a couple of beers and fruit based drink for the lady came to $212.

hi glad you posted this as i thought the 'two times' was the revolving resturant but it is in fact 'the view' so i've changed my reservation

thanks x

Quidco to date = £1224 cashback
  • Just had email from Virgin flying club promoting their 25th anniversary year of celebrations and offers to their fave destinations over the course of the year. Anyone know about this - guessing NYC would count as a fave destination so another sale later in the year on the cards?
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    wept wrote: »

Thats still about £140 quid
    I would knock the ladys drink in the head straight away
    Packet of opal fruits and a glass of watter job done
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business