LPG price comparison

Have looked on energy price comparison sites and no-one covers LPG. Does anyone know of a site that does this?

Desperately trying to reduce bills!!!!! :(

Comments

• peat
    peat Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Page two of this downloadable pdf shows a price comparison histogram which may be of interest. (sorry, don't know how to make flashy links, the link is all one address)

http://www.calu.bangor.ac.uk/Technical%20leaflets/HeatcostcomparatorMay05rev4.pdf
  • david29dpo
    david29dpo Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    we have been on lpg for 11 years. in all that time i have never found anything. i have found the only way to find out what others are charging is to ask nearby houses in the area. by ringing other suppliers i have found they will not give you a price over the phone but want to visit you and then barter on the price. i also found out next-door are paying 4p a liter more than me! this is because i morned about the price and said i would take my business elsewhere. its a lot like car insurance, no fixed price, shop around!
  • whitty999
    whitty999 Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Please help my sister is about to buy a new cooker,What does LPG stand for beside some cookers it states normal or lpg which does she need?
    Lucky No27
    .D.E.F..H..J.K.L.M.N.O.P.Q.R..U..X.Y.Z
    V,T,B,S,A,C,I,G,W
  • david29dpo
    lpg is liquid petroleum gas, in bottles or tank, if you have no mains gas. normal is mains gas. some cookers, boilers etc do both, simply by changing the jets, normally supplied.
  • whitty999
    whitty999 Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Thanx david she has mains pipes so would not need LPG then,Thank-you for this i learn something new here everyday cheers.
    Lucky No27
    .D.E.F..H..J.K.L.M.N.O.P.Q.R..U..X.Y.Z
    V,T,B,S,A,C,I,G,W
  • how much do you all pay for your bottles of gas .i pay £33 for the red large bottles does this sound about right .dosnt last very long though.so go though two a month at the moment .
    :j
  • david29dpo
    i pay 30p a litre, bulk.
  • paul_h
    paul_h Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    how much do you all pay for your bottles of gas .i pay £33 for the red large bottles does this sound about right .dosnt last very long though.so go though two a month at the moment .

If you mean the big 47 Kg bottles, that sounds about right, it works out about 35p/litre.
  • My new house does not have mains gas so I am therefore looking for an alternative heating source. I have spoken to calor and they have said to expect to pay double for bottled gas to what I was paying for mains. Is this correct??
  • We are thinking of buying a property which has LPG for heating and cooking. At the moment we are on mains gas, which costs about £20 per month at the mo. We are concerned about the postings we have seen that seem to suggest that LPG costs double mains gas - is this right?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure