[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Options

Comments

• elvis_girl
    elvis_girl Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone actually seen any of the discounts???
  • FedUpCostumer
    FedUpCostumer Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 December 2013 at 4:06PM
    Options
    When booking a flight with www.easyjet.com, the website asks you if you want to save £10.00 on your booking. If you click "yes", it re-directs you to the Shopper Discounts & Rewards website. They ask you for your email address, and while you think it is some type of newsletter you are signing for, what you are really doing is signing on for a direct debit of £8.00 a month, from the same credit card that you used to pay your flight. You don't have to give them any details, only your email address. I am sure they get the information from Easyjet. It took me 3 months to actually realise that they were charging me this monthly amount on my credit card. When you phone them to cancel, they are ready for it, they even have a cancellation automated service (I bet they get quite a [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]high [COLOR=blue! important]rate[/color][/color][/color] of cancellation). After cancelling, I tried to talk to an operator, who read me a 10 minutes speech about how it was my fault and I should have read the small print. When you phone them, they are ready for it, I bet they get lots of phone calls from people as upset as I was. I finally got them to refund 2 payments they took from my credit card, so I suppose they are not doing anything completely illegal, but in my opinion it is totally immoral. I haven't got any service for this money they took from me, and I wasn't even aware that I signed for this service in the first place. People, be aware! and about Easyjet, who I considered a reputable company, the only thing I can say is that I am very disappointed with them for associating with this type of company, and I will avoid flying with easyjet in the future, as they lost my trust on them as a customer for sharing my card details with third parties.

By the way, Shpper Discounts & Rewards changes its name, so be aware. shopdisc.co.uk, shopperdisc.co.uk or shopperdiscounts.co.uk may have appeared on your statement. Check them out in the internet. There are a few interesting reviews from USA and UK. They charge $12.00 direct debits in the States.

As a final note, I would like to say that I placed this same review in another website a few days ago, and I just received a [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] email from the Shoper Discounts & Rewards Team. I just want to thank this people for reminding me once more the unpleasant situation of having to deal with them. As a result of this, I have decided to, not only not to withraw my first review about them, but to post as many as I can, to try to warn other people about the way this company makes business. Thanks!!
  • mozzy75
    mozzy75 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hello

I have the same problem, 8£ has been charged to my account twice.... I don't remember when I clicked something online or gave out my email adress though, but I must have done it sometime:(

Does someone have an easy explanation on how to cancel this charge? Do I have to phone them, and which number? I live in Sweden but lived in London for quite a while, that's when I must have clicked something when ordering something....

I would be really grateful for any help on how to proceed!

Thanks

Anders
  • miningmaven
    Options
    yuo should call Customer Service team on 0808 234 1539

speak to a human not the automated system. if you insist they will refund all your payments.

if you sound weak they will not.
  • marsupial_mama
    Options
    A big thank you again for this! Just checked the statement online and I had £24 refunded within 3 days :beer:

If you do not specifically demand refund they just want to cancel the subscription. If you insist, they do it!

Andreja
    Personal Challenge - Debt Free Debt: Loan £[STRIKE]995[/STRIKE][STRIKE]858[/STRIKE] )!, credit card[STRIKE] 2500 [/STRIKE] £900
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse. [/FONT][FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity than a friend is a creditor.

[/FONT]
  • moneycheats
    moneycheats Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 December 2013 at 4:07PM
    Options
    After a heated telephone conversation with Shopper Discounts & Rewards upon discovering that I had been charged £8 for 'membership' I am a somewhat comforted that I am not the only one [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]. I am disgusted that Interflora allow [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] on their sight - as if their flowers weren't costly enough!!

The lady on the phone agreed to cancel my membership (of which I was not notified) and refund my money - she was very agreeable which obviously means that she has dealt with other irate 'customers'.

Can something not be done to halt such advertising, esp. through reputable companies such as interflora?
  • shaz22
    shaz22 Posts: 48 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2013 at 4:08PM
    Options
    I fell for this one as well and would not have realised had I not read it in the Daily Mirror's Consumer Investigation page. Realising that I'd booked two flights with EasyJet, I checked my statement and lo and behold...for the last 4 months.

But my branch of Lloyds TSB couldn't have been more helpful kitting me out with Disputed card payment and Fraud numbers and offered me their phone to use. The Disputed Department straight away gave me Shopper's number [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]- to which I proceeded to tell them I thought EasyJet were giving me a £10 discount for booking two flights and that I'd read about it in the Mirror and I wasn't the only one who had not realised.

He immediately asked me what I wanted, as soon as I mentioned the newspaper, and I told him I wanted my "membership" cancelled and all my money refunded which is supposed to happen within 10 days. I will be checking!

Just how money saving is it to get £10 off, but pay £8 a month for the privilege? Go figure.
  • takeiteasy
    Options
    I had a similar problem with vprewards.com who are connected to Vista Print and they took out £9.95 from my account. I would advise everyone to regularly check statements as too many companys seem be be profiting from customers ignorance and abusing our trust. I managed to get a refund and the membership cancelled and it seems that the staff are well trained in dealing with complaints about the scheme, suggesting that they must get loads.
  • urjms
    urjms Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I too get caught out by this grubby and low scam whilst booking tickets with Easyjet. I sent an email querying the charge, they sent one back telling me how it happened and cancelling my subscription, I replied in no uncertain terms what I thought about it and they offered to refund the money....this was from Australia via email - whether it turns up or not will be a different matter.
    I find it staggering that Easyjet and other companies would pimp out their web based customers to some shonky 3rd party all for a grubby kickback. It's DUMB business and makes no sense at all. All we can do is complain loudly and vote with our feet, DO NOT FLY EASYJET. I will never fly them again and bad mouth them at every opportunity...and all this for a few quid...dumb, dumb, dumb.
    If they have such disregard for their customers at a management level, it must permeate through to all staff at all levels, right down to the check in desks.
    Again, a staggering way to conduct business on the internet in 2008. I noted their CFO's address from an earlier post and I will put in writing my disgust.
  • urjms
    urjms Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I forgot to mention I found these threads by googling "Easyjet Shopper Discounts Scam" - I really don't know what their PR Department are doing, probably counting the GCSEs they have between them and still trying to get into double figures.

As for Shopper Discounts, I would think their business model would be based around increasing consumer confidence with internet shopping and therefore increasing the volume of internet transactions. Clearly this scam has the opposite effect. What it does do though is generate a high volume of credit card details and a high volume of monthly charges = a high volume of cashflow without providing any tangible service. I would suggest this is their true business model....and the Trading Standards people think this is OK...and Easyjet are willing partners in the conspiracy.

Finally, if you can't trust Easyjet with your credit card details, why would you trust them with your life?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure