Argos - Head office number please

2»

Comments

• Talk about getting frustrated. I bought a TV from Clearance Bargains on Ebay, the Argos Ebay shop. I needed to return it as a fault developed, no problem contacting them at the time, that was 6 weeks ago I have since heard nothing. About 10 days or so ago I tried to make contact to find out the status of my repair, the phone no I had rang out with no reply, I have tried at least 6 times with the same result. I have sent 3 e-mails all with the same result, a standard reply pointing me in the direction of their FAQ page. I have even sent a question via their Ebay messages, no reply.

On Friday (it's now Monday) I contacted Argos customer service, in 25 minutes I spoke to 3 people who said that the Ebay site was nothing to do with them, the 3rd customer service representative eventually said she would pass my details on and that I would be contacted within 12 hours. Did that happen....nope.

Today I used the 01785 no from an earlier post and spoke to someone who made sense and not the drivel from customer service. He managed to transfer me to the dept. I needed and I actually spoke to someone who knew what I was talking about, she couldn't find my details mind you although she did promise to ring back.....

To my mind this is disgraceful service and has put me off using Argos again. The TV was the best price I could find at the time and I thought I would get good service from them, not so sadly. The worst of it is that those answering the phone on customer service can only go so far as to give me a phone no that I already have and that I can't get through on. Totally ridiculous.

Andrew
  • solventsue wrote: »
    I see someone has supplied the address. The telephone number I got through on was this one ...

0845 124 0044

Thanks sue, did the trick. :T
  • moc247
    moc247 Posts: 42 Forumite
    the short story is i bought a new washing machine from argos £250 18months ago and it blew up basically the kitchen was full of smoke and smelled awful so i phoned the customer services line to be told to get an independent engineers report and if it wasn't my fault i would be re-embursed for the report and the washing machine, trouble was i didnt have the £30-50 this report costs as i am on an extremley tight budget especially at this time of year as i have two children and look after one 24/7 as she is disabled so i got in touch ith consumer direct they gave me the sale of good act letter to send which i did but argos said the did not recieve the email/post although recorded or the fax i sent . TYPICAL I THOUGHT!!

so i read a post on here and thought i would try the 017 number given above and the man on the phone understood my position and he gave me £275 to spend on a new machine so fingers crossed it ill come soon as this washing pile is getting bigger by the second, thanks to the person who gave the number and thanks to the sense of the manager who done me this huge christmas miricleit as the situation was more than stressing me out and frustrating me, it made me ill and i couldnt sleep worrying about it, how stupid you probably thinkits a washing machine but this is what happened to me

hope this helps
    michelle x
  • Ive had a very unpleasant experience with the argos ebay store I purchased a SAMSUNG PL201 14MP (cost £69.69) for my mums birthday, when it arrived the lens wouldn't come out of the camera correctly and showed the error replace battery so I did and the next time I turned it on it was fine.

I took it to spain where my mum lives. When we tried it it done the same thing but as I was under the impression I had a 12 month warranty I didn't send it back for a month when I got back to england and didn't use it in this time.

Argos then offered to fix the camera. 1 month later I was then hit with a bill for repair £52.39!!!!!. On phoning 0845 656 4198 and the number not working I got a bit worried. I then phoned the original number and eventually got through I was told that there was nothing they could do and were not prepared to refund or repair and the best I could do is get the camera back. So now I am stuck with a broken camera that i have used once. I would not recommend argos ebay store to anyone and Im pretty sure they send out returned goods not just old stock reading the comment on this post Im almost sure of it.

DO NOT SHOP WITH ARGOS EBAY STORE Just got to the store if you have to and pay the extra I wish I had.
  • I have a number for Argos complaints,and the girl I dealt with was actually helpfu:jl,the number is 01785 710253 .Please note this number does not cover "white goods"but it does cover what they call "2 man deliveries" i.e. large and heavy stuff,best of luck as I have had the run around for a week,but am now sorted. One word of advice,when purchasing an item for home delivery ask for a definite timeline,i.e. 1 week to 3 weeks,as their interdepartmental communication is non existent, and you may be waiting a lot longer than you bargained for,but never take no for an answer,good luck people,you may need it ;)
  • sirmarcus
    sirmarcus Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    Instead of paying money to phone or write to Argos, my advice is to
    escalate and complain via email to the Argos CEO. I think;) that his first name is John.

Then wait 3 working days for a response.

To find the CEO's email address, do a google search with "ceoemail argos", select the first entry displayed in the search list and then search for "argos". With luck;) this should work.

Good luck and HTHs.
  • Thanks Bluenose i rang the number you gave and spoke to a helpful man who had common sense. I know very rare indeed. My delivery was due 3 days ago on 21st july but a computer glitch caused it to be missed. Man admitted that it was not true..'They'd made a mistake..Wow. Only delivery date now 1st Aug but he said he would follow up and try to get an earlier delivery for me.Will wait and see what happens next.
  • I got my son 2 different ben 10 watches from argos hes 3 years old so they both broke i thought i could just bring them back and change them over as they were faulty but without a resicept they said no my son was in tears at the till, i was just want to find out is this poilcy right?? my heart was broke for my son x:mad:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    I got my son 2 different ben 10 watches from argos hes 3 years old so they both broke i thought i could just bring them back and change them over as they were faulty but without a resicept they said no my son was in tears at the till, i was just want to find out is this poilcy right?? my heart was broke for my son x:mad:

If you paid by card then you can show a bank statement to prove that you bought them there.

If you paid by cash and have lost the receipt then there is no proof of purchase and they don't have to do anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure