How much for fascias, roof trims, guttering and soffits

Hi there

Has anyone had recent quotes for replacement with UPVC for fascias, roof trims, guttering and soffits?

We're in a 3 bed semi so there is one side and front and back that needs doing. Anglian have been around but my husband got called away suddenly with work and they refused to quote me (I imagine because you need 2 people to sign a finance agreement, having worked in sales myself!) They measured up and are waiting for me to make an appointment.

I am dreading getting several companies around to quote as I know it's sensible but the thought of spending my evenings with salesmen isn't great :eek:. The guy from Anglian wouldn't give me any indication - are we talking 1k, 2k, 3k ???

Any advice would be very welcome and gratefully received!

MWA

Comments

• muskoka
    muskoka Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    If its any help, I was quoted 2K for soffits & fascias. I declined the quote - figure I can do much better - but maybe not. Its not hghest on my list at the moment (quote for a 3 bed double fronted semi)
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You should be paying between £45 and £60 per metre to include gutters and facias. Anything beyond that is excessive. Anglian will be extremely high. You would be as wise to get a local builder in to quote. They will be much cheaper.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    Whatever you do make sure the company removes all the timber and not overclad. Where are you based?
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Agree with the poster who said not to use Anglian. They are over expensive. Ask around your neighbours to see who they used. Also yes, they must remove the timber or asbestos soffits (mine were asbestos in a 1970s house)

I used a local firm, a one man band guy actually and you don't get the hard sell. He was recommended on my work intranet - do you have something similar?

Last year for my 3 bed semi in West Berkshire, I paid £1500
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We are in a 3 bed semi, someone put an ad through the door yesterday with a price of £695 on it for guttering, fascias etc.
    We're in Scotland, if that's any help to you.
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • mwa
    mwa Posts: 364 Forumite
    Thanks all - am in Cornwall. I may get a builder in to quote as suggested, sound sdumb but I never considered that they could do that sort of thing!!!
  • docmatt
    docmatt Posts: 915 Forumite
    ailuro2 wrote: »
    We are in a 3 bed semi, someone put an ad through the door yesterday with a price of £695 on it for guttering, fascias etc.
    We're in Scotland, if that's any help to you.

Don't touch them with a bargepole mate.
  • Mrs_Arcanum
    Mrs_Arcanum Posts: 23,976 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Three bed semi with hipped roof (3 sides = 2 corners), had Gutters, down pipes & fascias done last year for £1,890. Neighbour with the same set up as us, theirs done through her works and even they were charged £1,600. The work should take 2 people about 2/3 days and materials will be a good part of the cost along with the scaffolding.
    Truth always poses doubts & questions. Only lies are 100% believable, because they don't need to justify reality. - Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Labyrinth of the Spirits
  • spirit
    spirit Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    mwa wrote: »
    Thanks all - am in Cornwall. I may get a builder in to quote as suggested, sound sdumb but I never considered that they could do that sort of thing!!!

Have a look in your local free newspaper. they ususally advertise in there too.

My sister lives in Cornwall and finds things cheaper there than up here as labour charges tend to be lower.
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee. :j
  • pedro_uk
    pedro_uk Posts: 66 Forumite
    We are in a 3 bed terrace & someone put an ad through the door just before Xmas with a price of £500 to take down &
    take all old guttering away & over-clad with new fascias board & guttering etc.

PS: With all the snow we had at the time a lot of them are hanging off or are warped. (White Van, Yellow & black stripes on the back)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure