NRAM Poor contact centre

Any one else suffering with the new contact number for Northern Rock.

Not only do NRAM only offer a chargable 08 telephone number to call them you hang on for a minimum of 5 minutes to get through.
When you do finally get someone, more minutes are taken up by re-doing the security checks (previously done on the touch tone).

Norther Rock used to offer a call back service. I rang NRAM last Friday and was advised 'we can only call you back if we are not busy, we are too busy today'. What about tomorrow I asked 'Cant do call backs on Saturday'. We are now Friday a week later - no call back received so far.

Comments

• Totally useless, I am on the phone to them right now, it's been 13 minutes and I still haven't spoken to anyone.

I'm at work and have to call from my mobile too.

They cancelled my direct debit out of the blue, so I'm trying to correct a mistake of theirs!
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What do you expect - you are dealing with a NATIONALISED bank!
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • I'm trying to get through to them right now and have been waiting for 20 minutes...

I've just found out that my mortgage has just been moved to them from Northern Rock - they haven't written to me to say. All a bit horrible really...

Welshgirl
  • 38 minutes and still queueing, even the music has looped! All I want is an idea of my settlement figure, I sincerely hope they don't make my solicitor wait this long! :-)

Madspiral
  • i've been on hold for 40 minutes, what is the longest anyone has had to wait?:mad:
  • I was on hold for about 15 minutes, then i got the ringing like I was about to speak to someone for a few seconds before being dumped back to the begining but this time in the Northern Rock system. Had to then go through everything again to get transferred to the NRAM queue again where I then waited just under 20 minutes.

I was furious but they simply said they would pass on my feedback!!

Unfortuantly I need to speak to them more than they need to speak to me so they really don't care how bad the service is
  • Just after I posted, I got through but was told I needed to ring another number. I was very angry so the operator put me through - still had to wait 10 minutes though.

I wouldn't want to work at their call centre with the amount of abuse they are going to get.
  • jon_boy75
    jon_boy75 Posts: 364
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    52 minutes this morning

I asked the CSA if she was the only person in the office this morning...she didnt find it funny

just because it's a nationalised bank, doesn't mean it has to be utterly !!!!!...loads of people need jobs, give them a job

what a way to start your day, now i'm just annoyed
  • Utterly crap. Rang them last week to get a redemption statement, waited 35 minutes. Statement arrives on Saturday (30/10) dated to expire on 31/10. A lot of use that is. Tried to ring Saturday morning to get a new one sent and always got engaged tone. Tried again on Monday and was stuck on hold for 45 minutes before giving up as I felt that if I had to listen to either a) the opening bars of 'The Four Seasons' or b) some pathetic wet sounding woman saying 'I'm sorry we're still busy' I'd start screaming and never stop.

Sent an email to their customer service line asking for a new statement but no reply after four days.

Of course these things don't happen by accident, they can't have been overwhelmed by an unexpected surge of business (the Santander excuse) as they don't get any new business they only deal with existing accounts and they will know exactly how much customer contact they can expect from those. So the answer's clear: NRAM (owned by us, paid for and financed out of taxes) deliberately decided to externalise their costs onto their existing customers by getting a level of staffing at the centre that would mean long waits for callers.

Two kinds of action in response: a) contact your MP and ask him/her to raise this issue either direct with NRAM or in the House and b) anyone got any contact numbers/email addresses within NRAM that don't go through call centres/anonymous postboxes?
  • bonnie79_2
    bonnie79_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 6 November 2010 at 10:31AM
    I tried twice on Mon 1st Nov to contact NRam. I held for 12 mins then 18mins and then gave up, thinking as it was the first day of the month maybe they are inundated with calls. I decided to leave it. I have rang today Sat 6th Nov but yet again had to hold. I held for 20mins after which the call was answered and someone did manage to help me!!! This is not an ideal situation when you are trying frantically to sort out your mortgage, but bare with it!!

Local Number is 0191 430 0800 and I am told this number is open M - F 8am - 6pm Sat 9 - 12

Good Luck folks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport