We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Help MBE grow his dinner 2012

Comments

• mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    emiff6 wrote: »
    When I spot some suitable stems I'll make another for the little bees, although I think the ones small enough for a 2mm hole only feed on harebells, and the nearest wild harebells to me are about a mile away, so not likely to get any tenants. Still, nothing venture nothing gain. :)

Ah, well, now, I didn't know about the harebell thing. :o Think that means I won't get any either.

I wouldn't know a harebell if I fell over on one and got stung by a tiny wee bee. :p
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • smarttart
    smarttart Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Today I took delivery of a pot of hypoaspis miles which is hopefully going to get rid of the scarid fly which we have indoors.

All my seed trays and house plants have had a good sprinkling I just need to wait and see what happens. It's not too bad at the moment but last year the greenhouse was infested with them and I don't want the same happening again this year. It's my fault I guess, for using an old bag of compost - lesson learnt :(

Luckily all my seedlings are looking ok. I've just got to rig up some of the sticky fly paper things over the trays to catch the adult flies before they lay more eggs in the soil.

Only one more day at work and then I've got 5 days off so hopefully the weather's going to be nice and I can get my mange tout and broad beans in, ooh look at me all posh I don't have peas I have mange tout :rotfl:
  • furball
    furball Posts: 435 Forumite
    Yippee remembered my furball password so will try to load pics. GetAttachment.jpg Before
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. – Hilary Cooper
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • furball
    Sorted the planters today planter.jpg
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. – Hilary Cooper
  • furball
    Don't remember planting this though:D pepper.jpg
  • furball
    Enjoying the sunshine, proof that cats and chooks can co exist, !!!!!cat keeping an eye on that beak though :)catsandchooks-1.jpg
  • mrbadexample
    emiff6 wrote: »
    When I spot some suitable stems I'll make another for the little bees, although I think the ones small enough for a 2mm hole only feed on harebells, and the nearest wild harebells to me are about a mile away, so not likely to get any tenants. Still, nothing venture nothing gain. :)

Well here's mine:

Beehouse.jpg

I've got too many little ones. The biggest ones are too big (now that I've re-read my own link :o ) and I haven't got as many medium ones as I should have. At least that's easily rectified, and as I made it much bigger than it needs to be I can put other things in that they might like, such as some drilled wood. Thanks for the inspiration. :)
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • mrbadexample
    furball wrote: »
    Yippee remembered my furball password so will try to load pics. GetAttachment.jpg Before

Aw, I miss old furballmad. :(

Looks like you just need a bit of a tidy up and you're ready to go. :D
  • furball
    Aw, I miss old furballmad. :(

Looks like you just need a bit of a tidy up and you're ready to go. :D
    A BIT :rotfl:Filled a skip already. Will take a pick of
    progress so far at the weekend. I can't do anymore of the garden untill Friday, hope it's fine.
  • mrbadexample
    furball wrote: »
    A BIT :rotfl:Filled a skip already. Will take a pick of
    progress so far at the weekend. I can't do anymore of the garden untill Friday, hope it's fine.

One good bonfire would sort it out... :whistle:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure