Music Magpie - Book Alternative? Selling books etc?

Options

Comments

• benhardyment
    benhardyment Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 11 November 2011 at 11:27AM
    Options
    We buy books, CDs, DVDs and games all in one place.

If anyone here feels the link to be useful please actually post a link as the system won't let me as a newbie!

Thanks

Ben
  • sparklysushi
    Options
    Have any of you tried Bookmooch?
    I am not sure if it's your cup of tea but if you are a keen reader you can list your books on the site and then someone 'mooches' them and in return you get points which you can use to 'mooch' books off someone else. You have to pay postage to post the book to the other person though but it's great!
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    There are some recycling companies that are buying books, not much value to them though, I think it was £2-£3 per kilo. I only know of one and had a problem with them (nothing to do with books) so I won't give a link. Also given the small value it would probably better giving to charity.

You could always campaign for the US chain Half Price Books to open in the UK.
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mikewlane wrote: »
    I tried this site and it worked well. It had a high acceptance rate and the prices offered were very fair. I tested them against competitors and it came out best - webuybooks . co .uk

It's great that you want to share with us but you aren't allowed to use the forum to advertise your own company.
    It's easy to find out that you're Revival books.
  • klemutot
    klemutot Posts: 326 Forumite
    Options
    mikewlane wrote: »
    I tried this site and it worked well. It had a high acceptance rate and the prices offered were very fair. I tested them against competitors and it came out best - webuybooks . co .uk

The problem is that I tried 15 different books with that site. Some old, some very recent and a couple of new ones.

They would not buy any of them - said there was no demand.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I smell a spamster.
  • klemutot
    Options
    try ]ht tp:// buyback. abebooks. co. uk/]

Once again. Tried about 15-20 books i didnt want.

Wouldnt buy any of them.

I simply cant find a book in my house that this site will accept! :eek:
  • klemutot
    Options
    Anyone had any recent experience of these?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,201 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    klemutot wrote: »
    Anyone had any recent experience of these?

Which ones in particular- I tend to stick mainly with Amazon although I do believe the market for second hand books is a dying one.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure