car boot sales in northants....

firesidemaid
firesidemaid Posts: 2,129
First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
Forumite
i seem to be finding if difficult to find advertised car boot sales in the kettering / corby / wellingborough areas?

anyone know of any on either this weekend or in the near future?

many thanks x

Comments

• Fro-ald
    Fro-ald Posts: 478 Forumite
    Hi, If you go on to https://www.carbootjunction.com you can search by town.county.

I live in Wellingborough and although I am not a car-booter and have never been myself I do know that the Mad Mile Car Boot Sale is quite well known.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO TAKE TIME TO POST COMPETITIONS :beer:
  • onredbull
    onredbull Posts: 403
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hiya I thought i would bring this thread back to life, now it is nearing the summer hols.
    I have been to one or two car boot sales opposite wickstead park, in Kettering, but I think these are monthly but not sure - maybe someone else will be able to help out.

I used to go the the bowl at milton keynes (which is probably further than you would like to go) but would be worth it maybe once a month.

The Bowl car boot starts 5am-6am - so i was told bu staff when i asked but i have always got there after 9am, sometimes 11am and depending on the weather it can last into the mid afternoon and is huge.
    On a good sunny day - get there early as it used to take us 1.5 - 2.5 hrs to walk round with young children to look at everything and have a coffee break half way.
    There is also the huge field for the kids to have a run around.

Then if you drive to Bletchly (about 1 mile away)
    1. You can look around Asda (when it opened it was the biggest asda in europe, again so i was told)

2. Next to Asda is Ikea, sometimes you can put the kids in play area for free for half hr so you can look around half of ikea without the kids. Also cheap tea & coffee.

3. Across the round about you have a retail park with a few stores, including "Next Clearence" which sells next clothes V.Cheap.
    There is also TK Maxx, Boots, Sports Shop (I think Sports World), Shoe Shop (I think Barantoes)

4. Across the road/roundabouts from the retail park:-
    --> To the right is B&Q=Sometimes will have some cheap bargains.
    <-- To the left is Tesco= Again sometimes all tesco's have bargains.

5. Up from Tesco is "Matalans" and they have sales throughout the year.
    So you can see, I have worked out what to do on my sundays, (it is not my day of rest) and hopefully helped with yours.

You may need to find some cheap removable vans to buy as if you do find loads of bargains/go on big sale days - you may not fit it all in your car.

:jHappy Sundays !!:j
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    :kisses3: "In Raising Your Children;" :kisses3:
    "Spend Half As Much Money n Twice As Much Time."
  • full-time-mum
    full-time-mum Posts: 1,962 Forumite
    Don't know when they are all held but there are regular car boot sales
    Rushden: Rushden and Diamonds ground

Wellingborough: Mad Mile (road out through park farm industrial estate to sywell) - I'll keep my eyes open for a date next time I'm that way.

Dale End: Top of croyland road (road with the old swimming pool in)
    Next one Sat 14th July and then Sat 11th August.
    7 Angel Bears for LovingHands Autumn Challenge. 10 KYSTGYSES. 3 and 3/4 (ran out of wool) small blanket/large square, 2 premie blankets, 2 Angel Claire Bodywarmers
  • rushden diamonds car boot is on every sunday, it's hard standing...
  • Hi

I am a regular car booter in the Northants area
    For this bank holiday August the following car boots are on

Sat - Croyland Road Wellingborough 8 am (fortnightly)
    Sunday Rushden and Diamonds 7 am (weekly all year round)
    Sunday Wickstead Park (Weekly March - Oct) 7 am
    Monday - Overstone 8 am (every so often)
    Not sure is Mad Mile is on this Sunday or Monday

*buy the Evening Telegraph or Chronicle & Echo whichever is your local paper on a Friday and in there on the Whats on Guide and also in the small ads will be listed the carboots for Northamptonshire.

Best wishes ;)

8 years of being on a DMP finished 3/3/14
  • Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there is a car boot this sat 16th august?????

thank you;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport