MCO Capital loan

Like me you may have recently received a letter from MCO Capital asking for £513 to repay a £300 loan. You might be wondering why because you've never taken out a loan and probably never heard of MCO Capital. I have contacted Action Fraud who tell me that although the company exists, they do not do sufficient checks before giving loans. As a result they appear to have been defrauded by someone simply working through a phone book. The best course of action is to contact them (phone or e-mail) to let them know someone has used your name/address to get a loan. The police are totally aware of the situation, and we will be taking steps to have the company struck off next week as they are trading illegally (Non-trading status). Under no circumstances pay this company any money. For more information contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040

Comments

• Further to my last post, MCO Capital don't respond to e-mail or voice mail, so I'm wondering if they've already been wound up? Any info on this appreciated.
  • trimac
    trimac Posts: 11 Forumite
    I contacted them today by phone (early afternoon) and the guy I spoke to said it looked like, in my case, id fraud and actually gave me the number of their fraud section (or so he said). Rang this number and eventually after holding was asked to leave number and name for callback. No return call as of yet. Have also contacted them by email and same situation apples.
  • trimac
    trimac Posts: 11 Forumite
    apples = applies lol
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Wot ???

:)
  • Thanks for that Trimac. They haven't contacted me so I've decided to try to put them into administration by Monday - judging by what the OFT and Fraud Office are saying, this wont be too difficult. They are trading illegally and must have taken a big hit with their most recent fraud. Their problems are all over the Internet, and survival looks very doubtful now.
  • I've noticed now that if you key MCO Capital or related items into Google, you get straight to this forum. Good news for all the people involved in the fraud. "Action Fraud" incidentally tell me that they are now recording all people phoning in about loan letters, so are gathering evidence for what is likely to become a prosecution in due course.
  • Add another one to that list, can't post the actual image as a noobie post, so just posting a dummy link to it.

wwwDOTsms-it.co.uk/images/mco_capital_scamDOTjpg
  • I too received a bill from MCO on friday, could not get through to speak to anybody all weekend. This morning there is a recorded message asking for details to be left so they can contact you at later date
  • I too received an invoice for a bogus loan of £300 and £154 fees/costs, this weekend, posted from Worthing.

It is worth noting that I have recently been the victim of identity theft, so obviously they might have 'obtained' my name and address from somewhere inappropriate.

I am taking necessary action which includes registering with CIFAS - the UK Fraud Prevention Service.
  • Hi Stuart, had a look at the image - it's identical to mine. There's a difference of 1 day and your invoice ref is about 250 more than mine. I'm not sure I believe the official line that MCO has been defrauded by multiple ID fraud loans as surely they would suspect suddenly getting hundreds of loan applications for exactly the same amount? The fact that the company is listed as non-trading at Companies House makes it look more like a scam.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure