The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.
We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Competition Scams - Please Post Them Here

Comments

• AnnieH
    AnnieH Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Thanks Jeppy, I only need 30 more thanks hits :j:j
  • hrafndot
    hrafndot Posts: 2,155 Forumite
    there is a "competition scams" sticky in the "I won I won" section LOL hrafndot
  • Just received this message in my email: Scam I think so email address looks wrong, sorry if on wrong board.
    cocacolaplc@aol.co.uk

COCA-COLA BOTTLING COMPANY
    PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARD DEPARTMENT
    1-18 COCA-COLA AVENUE
    STAMFORD BRIDGE
    SOUTH-WEST LONDON
    UNITED KINGDOM

Dear winner,

OFFICIAL END OF YEAR PRIZE NOTIFICATION

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the just concluded annual final draws held by Coca-Cola bottling company Worldwide Promotion Department held on the 28th of October, 2006.

Your email was among the 20 Lucky winners who won a total of £850,950 Only {Eight Hundred And Fifty Thousand, Nine Hundred And Fifty Great Britain Pounds Only} each in the THE COCA-COLA COMPANY 2006 PROMO.

The online draws was conducted by a random selection of email addresses from an exclusive list of 29,031,643 E-mail addresses of individuals and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer search from the Internet.

However, no tickets were sold but all email addresses were assigned to different ticket numbers for representation and privacy. Your email was attached to ticket number (7PWYZ2006) and ballot number (BT:12052006/20) which emerged as on of the winning tickets.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection machine (TOPAZ) .

This Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the The International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR), and it is the 3rd of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public.

To begin the claim processing of your prize you are to contact the fiduciary agent as stated below:

CONTACT OFFICIER: MR PETER CLARKSON
    TEL: +44-700-596-8066
    FAX: +44-700-596-4662
    FAX: +44-871-715-1638
    EMAIL:
    cocacolaplc@aol.co.uk

You are to forward to them a filled copy of the payment release order below:

PAYMENT RELEASE ORDER FORM

First Name:.........................................
    Last Name:.
    Sex:....
    Office/Resident
    Address:..
    Telephone.................Mobile...................
    Fax:.................................................
    Date of Birth.......................................
    Nationality[FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]:........................................

[FONT=Comic Sans MS, sans-serif]Winner E-Mail:....................................[/FONT]

[/FONT] Due to possible mix up of some numbers and email contacts, we ask that you keep this award strictly from public notice (confidential) until your claim has been processed and your money remitted. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming or unscrupulous acts by some participants of this program.

*Staff of Coca-Cola bottling Company worldwide are not to partake in this PROMOTION.

Accept our hearty congratulations once again!

Yours Faithfully,
    MANAGEMENT
    [FONT=impact, sans-serif]COCA-COLA BOTTLING COMPANY[/FONT]

Coca_Cola_DJ.jpg

coca-cola-company.jpg
    He who laughs last thinks slowest.

I wished the buck stopped here as I could use a few.

Why do Americans sing "Take me out to the ball game" when they
    are already there?
  • AnnieH
    AnnieH Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Cedrtainly seems like a scam. Did you enter a competition with Coca-Cola? You could email Coca-Cola and ask them if it's genuine???
  • kipper_2-2
    kipper_2-2 Posts: 56,025 Forumite
    I doubt Coca Cola would have an AOL email address somehow :rolleyes:

smells of scam to me :)
  • ckerrd
    ckerrd Posts: 2,641 Forumite
    Spam/Scam/Rubbish - delete
    We all evolve - get on with it
  • TGM
    TGM Posts: 286 Forumite
    Any comp asking for money or details over and above your address, tell em to poke it.
    Quotes in context only please.
  • TGM
    TGM Posts: 286 Forumite
    It should look like this

Coca_Cola_DJ.jpg
    Quotes in context only please.
  • cshowell
    cshowell Posts: 59 Forumite
    Simple rule - if you didn't enter it, you didn't win it
  • poppielia
    poppielia Posts: 241 Forumite
    I work for Coca Cola Enterprises and i can assure you this is a scam. This is absolutly nothing to do with CCE and i will be reporting it first thing tomorrow morning.
    Please dont enter this it is a Scam!

Oh and also the address isnt even real.
    2007 Competition challenge.( Win back my ntl internet costs for a year) Target £220 Have won so far = £9.99 Loreal revitalift pot of cream. and = £14.95 Royal mail smilers stamps!

Weight loss challenge started 3/1/07= Target 5 stone/ loss so far 3 stone and 4lbs (yay!)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback