Fredrickson International harrassing automated message phone calls

2»

Comments

• eamon
    eamon Posts: 2,319
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Telephone numbers get recycled. Same as addresses and out of date electoral rolls and old mailing lists. You could try the TPS for the phone calls and if you want to get narky punish them using anti harrassment legislation.
  • I would telephone them and advise that your number doenst belong to the person they are looking for and would they please remove your number form their system. It was take 1 telephone call and a few pence cost but will stop the calls as if they do it again once you have asked them not to its harrassment.
    I had a similar thing recently - when I answered the man refused to believe I wasnt that person ! anyway I emailed the company and told them to remove my number and I never heard again. Most of these people use automatic diallers so the machine calls your number but there isnt always an advisor availible to speak so leaves a message.
  • daleski75
    daleski75 Posts: 359 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2011 at 9:30AM
    My number has been on TPS for a very long time and I have gone as far as changing from BT to Virgin (new number but keeping BT number till Jan-Feb) and nuisance phone calls never stop. I have the phone number for Frederickson International so deciding if I should call them or not and my credit record is the highest you can get so definitely no chance of any debt!

Still makes you worry though regardless.

Just a quick thought I don't want to give out any of my details to them in case they can use that against me (change the debt of mr. whoever) into my name and start harassing me again, will play it by ear and done a lot of reading up on this yesterday and looks like they are just trying their luck.

Might get a copy of my credit report sent to myself in the post just in case though.
  • Fredrickson International call my house phone constantly. I wouldn't bother trying to chase them to stop calls to be honest, every time I'm in to answer I tell them they have the wrong no and every time they say 'oh sorry, I'll make a note on the file and we will never call you again'. If they don't have your name on file or your address, there's not a lot they can do. It's not your debt anyway so don't worry about it.
    MFW start date:22.6.13 - £138555 9.7.13 - £125937
    MFD: [STRIKE]November 2039[/STRIKE] October 2035

2013 OP: £14172
    2014 OP aim: £0/£3000
  • Decided to play the wait and see game as if I do owe any debt of which I am incredibly doubtful then I should get a letter in the post stating what I owe and for who for and if it's under a different name then I can take the appropriate action.
  • Just had this number call me too
    I dont answer numbers i dont know so they can keep calling
    will see if i can block these numbers though as im ex directry with talk talk i didnt expect to get called.
  • Being ex directory doenst mean you wont get nuisance calls - just means your number isnt in the telephone book. All you have to do it fill in 1 thing online - an enquiry form for example, on an application form etc and forget to read the small print where you can opt out of your details being passed on and bingo they have your number. Telephone preference can cut down on it but takes a couple of months to work.
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ex- directory won't stop people calling you - it's possible that someone had the number before you or gave your number falsely - being ex-directory will do nothing to help you unfortunately.
    Your best course of action is to answer the phone if it's not an automated service - don't give them a name - purely inform them that the phone number 0123456789 is yours and you do not owe them any money, have had the number for x time and unless they cease calling you then you will report them to ofcom and the police for harrassment. If they think you are the debtor then they can contact you in writing as obviously with your number they should have your address (which you will NOT confirm!).
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport