amazon toy clearance - scooby doo shaker maker

I had a message off another mse member the other day asking if I had any problems with the shaker maker, not being sticky. I hadn't used it yet at the time, so couldnt be of any help.

We have just been trying to use it, and like the member that messaged me, the picture sheets arent sticky, so the sand doesn't stick to it :confused:

I was just wondering if any other members who brought the same product have had the same trouble? I know a lot of people purchased stuff from the amazon toy clearance when it was posted on here, so did anyone else get the shaker maker?

I'm not to sure what to do about it? Do I contact amazon? or contact the manufacturer? Got one very disappointed son at the mo :(

Comments

• Hi there, The same thing happened to me. I emailed the manufacturers who were really helpful and sent replacement cards immediately at no charge. They worked fine.

Good luck.
  • That's interesting. My dd got a dr who shaker maker for xmas that hasn't been opened yet. I might get it out tomorrow.
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    No the shaker maker but I got the wobble board in the amazon sale. on xmas day it didn't work so I emailed amazon. Boxing day got a reply saying they were sending a replacement and for me to return original at their cost. Sure enough on Wed. new wobble board arrived. Drop amazon an email if you are having probs with their products.

Best of luck
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Slightly off-topic but I brought a Star Wars light-sabre in the Amazon toy clearance for a Christmas present. When my son opened it we noticed that the screw to open the battery compartment was damaged so we can't put batteries in it! :o

I emailed Amazon the other day but haven't had a response back as yet.
  • Jammygal
    Jammygal Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I bought a Leapster in the toy clearance and that stopped working after an hour!!!:confused::confused: :mad:
  • mirandab
    mirandab Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I bought a sudouko challenger from Amazon toy clearance that didn't work, also a spray art set that started okay but then stopped.

Have emailed them.

Miranda
  • I got the Spray art set for DD, will have to get her to test it tomorrow.
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • Thanks for all the replies, just emailed the manufacturer of the shaker maker, hopefully will hear somehting back. If I don't I will get onto amazon about it.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I worked in a toy shop, and shaker makers not being sticky was possibly the number one complaint (Next to the Hot Wheels T Rex which was ledgendarily crap!).
  • BJWJ
    BJWJ Posts: 24 Forumite
    We've had exactly the same problem, and another disapointed boy. I will try emailing the manufacturer too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure