is orange broadband any good?

2»

Comments

• davmail
    davmail Posts: 371 Forumite
    davmail wrote: »
    I had a phone call this morning from high level complaints at Orange,spoke to an English guy from Orange who is an engineer apparently.I explained that my UPLOAD is FASTER than my download speed,and my download speed is no faster than 77kb's,so something obviously is wrong,they agreed,so,let's see if they can actually do anything to improve it,will keep this topic updated.:eek:

Today my router lost the connection,when it re-started I am getting over 2 and a half meg downloads now,so lets hope it stays like it,and Orange have improved it.:A
    Kawasaki z750 Rider!
  • davmail
    davmail Posts: 371 Forumite
    My broadband has been 'ok' for the last two weeks,started at over 3mb,has dropped off to 2 mb,but at least it has been consistent,and I have been able to use it!!!Orange are supposed to call me next week,let's see if they do.But looking better.:)
    Kawasaki z750 Rider!
  • BenS1
    BenS1 Posts: 182 Forumite
    been with orange since march, when i signed up to a 18 month contract, £10 per month for unlimited use. Rather risky when landlord is looking to sell the house if he gets the right offer, but me, my OH and 2 messy flatmates have so far stopped that :rotfl:

we had issues when i signed up, we're in a block of flats so there's lots of networks so our service wasn't good and had frequent wireless disconnections so orange sent another router since they figured the original was faulty. Not sure if this is related to my mobile account, but the lady said if the 2nd router didn't solve the problem, then we can buy a router and get refunded the total cost. I was quite surprised when she said that, so had to get her to confirm that. I had the same thing for my phone, I got a replacement sent for free even through I didn't have orange care on the contract.

anyway, broadband in our area is 17MBps downsteam and our upstream is 1.5MBps. But do bear in mind that this is in the central london area
  • hi123
    hi123 Posts: 269 Forumite
    davmail wrote: »
    DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!.......PLEASE.

Their broadband is awful,customer care is India.......need I say more?

See my posts,I regret ever going to Orange,do not make the same mistake as me.

the customer service i dealt with was in uk and they signed me on the phone and broadband package without my consent and am still fighting them over the issue
    i dont know which is worse ?
  • pinkmouse
    pinkmouse Posts: 55
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I have just changed from Orange. I was with them (in their various incarnations) since 1998. I had very little problem with them, just that they were too expensive; my exchange was not unbundled to them and Sky was and were also much cheaper, so that's why I left.

Their call centre in India is a shocker though, the only time I spoke with a British based person was to get my MAC code. To be fair though, I have only needed to phone them twice but both times they couldn't understand me (and apparently although I have a Scottish accent, I have a very good telephone voice) and they were equally difficult to understand. I also found their technical knowledge rather poor.

Others might tell you do not touch but I honestly only left them cus they were too dear.
  • sandown_2
    sandown_2 Posts: 6 Forumite
    I live just outside Tunbridge Wells and have no trouble with my orange broadband. I get up to 12-15mb at most times.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure