CC PPI claim info request

Hi all, I have no idea if I can claim my PPI back on my credit card so I'd like some advice.

My CC is currently supplied by MBNA but was an Alliance and Leicester card originally. Will that affect any claim? I'm not sure at what point the changeover occurred.

I've had the card for a LONG time when it was A&L supplied (going back to the '90s and been paying PPI on it from the beginning.

Am I right in assuming that "Payment Protection Cover" is the same as PPI?

I've been unemployed since Oct 2005 because of a disabilty, will that effect any possible claim?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• SamN
    SamN Posts: 28 Forumite

My CC is currently supplied by MBNA but was an Alliance and Leicester card originally. Will that affect any claim? I'm not sure at what point the changeover occurred.

I've had the card for a LONG time when it was A&L supplied (going back to the '90s and been paying PPI on it from the beginning.

Am I right in assuming that "Payment Protection Cover" is the same as PPI?

I can't answer all your Q's but I am just about to do the same as I didn't opt for the PPI when it was A&L and it has always been on my statements but I didn't realise till recently. MBNA will have taken on all the Liablities from A&L so we should be ok.

Yeah PPC is PPI ;) It's an insurance policy.

Out of interest are you just asking for them to supply you with your Terms and conditions from your application or are you also including in the letter that you have been mis sold the policy?

I am in to minds as to what to do and looking for advice as to whether I should say it straight away or hang fire until I have their response?
  • SamN wrote: »
    I can't answer all your Q's but I am just about to do the same as I didn't opt for the PPI when it was A&L and it has always been on my statements but I didn't realise till recently. MBNA will have taken on all the Liablities from A&L so we should be ok.

Yeah PPC is PPI ;) It's an insurance policy.

Out of interest are you just asking for them to supply you with your Terms and conditions from your application or are you also including in the letter that you have been mis sold the policy?

I am in to minds as to what to do and looking for advice as to whether I should say it straight away or hang fire until I have their response?

cheers for the info, erm I have no idea what I'm doing as I can't seem to find specific advice on just credit card PPI claims. Most info is about loans etc and I'm not sure what applies and what does not. I can't even remember the application for the card originally, but seeing as I pay the card off every month and if I couldn't I wouldn't use the card I don't think I need or ever needed the PPI. Which I presume is the basis of a claim, that it was missold?
  • Can anyone tell me what my first step should be?
  • anyone?? Do I use the PPI consumer questionnaire??
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,004 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hi there, look here for reasons for mis sell and how to put a claim in

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-credit-card-insurance
    If any/all apply to you then put a claim in.

Reclaiming is the same for a cc or loan.If you need anymore help just ask.

If you are unemployed why did you not claim on the ppi?.
  • amersall wrote: »
    Hi there, look here for reasons for mis sell and how to put a claim in

If any/all apply to you then put a claim in.

Reclaiming is the same for a cc or loan.If you need anymore help just ask.

If you are unemployed why did you not claim on the ppi?.

many thanks for the link I'll read and digest it.

I havn't claimed on the PPi because for one I forgot I had it at the time of being made redundant, I was made redundant on medical grounds and lastly I have been wise with my card and limited fund and have never struggled to pay off the card every month. So in short I have never needed the PPI. Even tho I qualified for some of the assistance. Would that affect a claim?

(had to remove the link as I can't post them)
  • amersall
    many thanks for the link I'll read and digest it.

I havn't claimed on the PPi because for one I forgot I had it at the time of being made redundant, I was made redundant on medical grounds and lastly I have been wise with my card and limited fund and have never struggled to pay off the card every month. So in short I have never needed the PPI. Even tho I qualified for some of the assistance. Would that affect a claim?

(had to remove the link as I can't post them)
    That is a good reason for you not needing it, as you paid the card even when not working, so use that as well.
  • amersall wrote: »
    That is a good reason for you not needing it, as you paid the card even when not working, so use that as well.

Thanks for the help!:beer:
  • amersall
    Thanks for the help!:beer:
    Fingers crossed xxxx and everything else :rotfl:;)
  • rockstar44
    rockstar44 Posts: 56 Forumite
    I didn't request any information from MBNA! I realised it had been on my statements but had no recollection of agreeing to it! I sent one letter explaining why I thought it had been mis-sold (good terms & conditions at work I didn't need it!) along with the FOS Questionaire, I had 2 letters saying they were looking into it and then a letter to say they were sending a cheque for £3923.82! I haven't had the cheque yet mind you! :(
    i wish my bank account could keep up with my Rockstar Lifestle! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport