08454122700 - Is it t-mobile

2»

Comments

• Thanks for that. I tried calling 150 and they just said that my upgrade was not available til next month. Seems as though the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing!
    Might be worth trying again though, don't think I can put up with my rubbish phone for much longer!
  • tronator
    tronator Posts: 2,857
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Sorry for bringing up this "old" thread, but I got a call from the same number yesterday. The lady offered me an early upgrade, 2 month and a few days before my contract ends. I listened to her and told her to call me again in a week as I need time to compare the offers. Today I went to my T-Mobile shop and the guy told me that he can't do anything until one month before the contract ends.

So is it possible that the "loyalty and rentention team" can give you deals earlier (and even better ones) than the T-Mobile shop. I'm a bit worried that this call was from a reseller pretending to be T-Mobile, although somebody in this thread confirmed that it is T-Mobile.

However, wouldn't this renewal be covered by the DSR anyway in case it turns out that I've been mis-sold something? Maybe I should record the call next week, just In case...
  • OneADay
    OneADay Posts: 9,031
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    tronator wrote: »
    Sorry for bringing up this "old" thread, but I got a call from the same number yesterday. The lady offered me an early upgrade, 2 month and a few days before my contract ends. I listened to her and told her to call me again in a week as I need time to compare the offers. Today I went to my T-Mobile shop and the guy told me that he can't do anything until one month before the contract ends.

So is it possible that the "loyalty and rentention team" can give you deals earlier (and even better ones) than the T-Mobile shop. I'm a bit worried that this call was from a reseller pretending to be T-Mobile, although somebody in this thread confirmed that it is T-Mobile.

However, wouldn't this renewal be covered by the DSR anyway in case it turns out that I've been mis-sold something? Maybe I should record the call next week, just In case...

In my case, they did try to offer me the early deal which I did not want, primarily because my contract was cashback deal and I could not change the tariff early (if I did, I would have lost the cashback).

Upgrades - you can return them within 7 or 14 days (you need to confirm with t-mobile) as long as you do not use the phone, just examine it etc (again confirm with t-mobile before taking the upgrade).

I actually stayed with T-mobile in end but did not renew - got another contract from an online retailer - had to phaff around porting existing number out to another network (in April) and then back to t-mobile.
  • tronator
    Forumite
    OneADay wrote: »
    Upgrades - you can return them within 7 or 14 days (you need to confirm with t-mobile) as long as you do not use the phone, just examine it etc (again confirm with t-mobile before taking the upgrade).

I want to keep my phone and want to go for a SIM only contract. The lady said she could knock off £10 of the tariff if I want to keep my phone. I'm not sure whether she meant £10 off the SIM only price or off the price with a new phone. I'll find out next week. I also want to go for less minutes. I come nowhere near my free 700 minutes, rather 100-300 minutes...
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    No way was I giving out personal details to someone I didn't know from Adam, it seems as though t-mobile don't have a clue how to deal with the public these days after all the fuss over loss of personal data I would think they would know better than to try cold calling from an unrecognised number.

To be honest there are a lot of companies who do that and get upset when you won't talk to them. My credit card does it and I tell them to go away and call them on the no on my statement. It's always been legit but no sense in risking my identity for the sake of a call.
  • tronator
    Forumite
    tronator wrote: »
    I want to keep my phone and want to go for a SIM only contract. The lady said she could knock off £10 of the tariff if I want to keep my phone. I'm not sure whether she meant £10 off the SIM only price or off the price with a new phone. I'll find out next week. I also want to go for less minutes. I come nowhere near my free 700 minutes, rather 100-300 minutes...

Just a quick update. I got the following deal from the "loyalty and retention team" and couldn't resist to take advantage ;) I renewed for the next 24 month and got 300 minutes + 300 texts + "unlimited" Internet for just £5 a month. Since they renewed my contract 2 months early I saved 2*£30 of my current contract, which pays for the first year of my new contract. That's moneysaving :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure