Great 'Sell Your Gold' Hunt

Comments

• geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    shark4zero wrote: »
    HI,

Following an article in a national newspaper re who to use, I looked around for a trustworthy buyer for scrap gold. Took a chance and used this company

scrap-gold-buyers.co.uk

Glad I did !!!,

Just did a check with them a minute ago, they buy Krugerrands for £525.14 while Hatton are paying £628.96

They are paying £10.78 per gram of 14 ct gold while Hatton are paying £11.59.

I have never used either company, just checked their prices.
  • nettttie wrote: »
    right but I was talking about cash4mygold.tv which is a different company ;)
    I know lots are v similar sounding! Dave uk have put me off these saying they rejected clasps (or items with no clasps)! Am still wondering what to do as really I dont want money in my paypal or bacs or a cheque! Maybe my feet should do the walking and walk around Manchester!

If you prefer cash send it to Lois Jewellery who a lot of these jewellers deal with as they give a honest price. They have been around for years and they will send you cash the following day in a neat little box. Cash4mygold advertise top rates but I know they send theirs to Lois. They have to make a profit so to do this they devalue your gold by several per cent for lower purity, stones and metal in clasps etc . Hatton may give coppers more than Lois on a good day but I dont think they will send you cash.
  • Just did a check with them a minute ago, they buy Krugerrands for £525.14 while Hatton are paying £628.96

They are paying £10.78 per gram of 14 ct gold while Hatton are paying £11.59.

I have never used either company, just checked their prices.

Check the price on Wednesday (late morning) it could be a record high!
    India have today bought 200 tonnes from the IMF which will give it a boost. Could be $1100 per oz this week! Sell!!
  • Not that I'm disputing anyone who has posted on this thread but is there any 'older' or 'longer' term users that have used Hatton gold company and got any 'stories' to tell?

I got OH to pop into Ramsdens today and he got offered £120. Although they did say that they would price match any written quotes from other companies!

Sugar xxx

Hi Sugar, Totally understand your comment re longer term users. I am unable to post links atm but if you go to the 'Freebies No Spend' board there is a thread entitled 'Cash for old unwanted broken jewellery', this is where I found all the info I needed, a lot of longterm posters advice there too.

Hope it helps.
  • tigger69 wrote: »
    Hi originalmissy.
    I had noticed your post had disappeared as I wanted to add my Thanks for your recommendation of Hatton. So Thank You!
    I also posted my thoughts regarding the post counts and spam as I was feeling quite peeved being new to posting here myself.

A update in regards to Money4gold, I have eventually had my gold returned following complaining to BBB and threatening M4G with legal action.

Can I ask you what is 'BBB' and how long did it take you to eventually get your gold back?

Currently I have Trading Standards dealing with it for me but still no luck. The promised TS they would post my gold on Friday but, shock horror, still not been returned. This is now nearly 2 months.
  • Hi all, I know people arent to keen on reading posts from new members as they always assume that they are trying to sway you to use a certain product/company etc...

However after weeks of searching the WWW I read on here about Hatton Garden Metals, again I have read some horror stories about people not getting what they wanted for there gold and then not being able to get it back.

But being a Geordie I took the plunge and sent off my gold yesterday via special delivery (£4.95), recieved and email this morning to say that they had recieved my gold and by 13:10 I had nearly £500 in my bank account, which as you can imagine I am very happy with!!!

All I will say is give these guys a try if you are considering selling your gold. It was a gamble for me as it is quite a distance away but like I say I sent it special delivery so it was insured.

Will definitely be recomending to friends and family if they have any used or scrap gold.

Nick
  • half sovereign weight is 4 grams , full sovereign weight is 8 grams they can both weigh a TINY( ie:-3.9/7.9) bit less due to wear but they are made of 22 carat gold
  • nexuss
    nexuss Posts: 989 Forumite
    n13k_uk wrote: »
    Hi all, I know people arent to keen on reading posts from new members as they always assume that they are trying to sway you to use a certain product/company etc...

However after weeks of searching the WWW I read on here about Hatton Garden Metals, again I have read some horror stories about people not getting what they wanted for there gold and then not being able to get it back.

But being a Geordie I took the plunge and sent off my gold yesterday via special delivery (£4.95), recieved and email this morning to say that they had recieved my gold and by 13:10 I had nearly £500 in my bank account, which as you can imagine I am very happy with!!!

All I will say is give these guys a try if you are considering selling your gold. It was a gamble for me as it is quite a distance away but like I say I sent it special delivery so it was insured.

Will definitely be recomending to friends and family if they have any used or scrap gold.

Nick

Yet another 1st time or low count poster spamming Hatton.
  • Yes she is right they are not scrap and gold ingots will bring more money anyway , i know this because i went to a local bullion dealer who paid me a premium on my 2 gold ingots of you call pressman's gold in London they will tell you exactly what they are worth and thier gold price is adjusted daily you can call them to get a daily gold price on 02074040903 it will give you all carat weights and also sovereign prices etc i think this number will help everyone to get a fair deal with various gold buying sites and good idea of the daily prices thats why i have posted it . i personally wouldnt use any of the Tv sites ...
  • nexuss wrote: »
    Yet another 1st time or low count poster spamming Hatton.

Get a grip mate, cant people join this site and share there experiences with others without you HIGH COUNT POSTERS jumping on the band wagon and slagging off everyone who has low post counts.

I've nothing to gain from mentioning a company name, just thought that this site was all about people sharing info on what they have found about money saving/investments/best deals etc... maybe I was wrong and really it is for sad people to filter through topics and pick out 1st time posters and brand them as Spammers. Its kinda like Cyber Bullying isnt it!!!

Well mate I hope your sitting at home/work now reading this and getting your kicks out of your little input. Me however, I will be posting again on this site and probably not for scrap gold as that is something which I have now done and have none left.

Sorry to all others who have read through this and simply I have wasted there time!

Nick
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport