'Am I really "the most powerful man in retail" as The Grocer magazine says?' blog

2»

Comments

• MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    rickbonar wrote: »
    The Grocer magazine ... sounds like something from "have I got news for you".

Sorry I seem to have mislaid my copy, and you shop at Morrisons? is that an advert in itself, and you get no VIP treatment either?

I wouldn't let the statement go to my head, there is far more to retail than Tesco! especially international. It's nice to be acknowledged and when fame & celebrity beckons & everyone's raising their Champagne glasses and toasting you it's good to remember that this can change and you become old hat and someone else takes the mantel.

From Mr average here I'd step back and see it for what it is. The person has made a hyperbole statement and you are on a high.
    There many advice workers in CABs etc giving out good info too, the MSE is a great site but not the alpha-omega.

Not sure you can call my morrisons comment about horrendous queues an ad. Why do I go there (and not for main shop)- its next door to MSE towers, so like most people geographical contiguity is the biggest reason.

As for The Grocer - actually it is the main trade press for supermarkets and well respected. Don't worry this won't go to my head, as noted in the blog I thought it a bonkers pick at first - this is a symbolic pick as they needed an individual to represent consumers in the power 100 rather than a person one for me (ps and if you think 'yeah right' having seen the pick of me in the NOTW in a crown and on a throne over this - that's all photoshop - nowt to do with me!)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • blowstar
    blowstar Posts: 27 Forumite
    Surely the most powerful man in retail is Mary Portas ? :D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business