How Much For A New Clutch On A Rover 75

Options
2»

Comments

• MrSmartprice
    MrSmartprice Posts: 17,625 Forumite
    Options
    Keith wrote: »
    I'm sure the OP is still sat at his PC waiting for an answer to his thread that he posted in November 2007!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's a Rover!:rolleyes: Chances are it's gone in the crusher by now.:D
  • rogertb
    rogertb Posts: 408 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a clutch replaced by Mr Clutch a couple of months ago, it's been 'juddering' on and off since then (but never when I take it back to Mr Clutch, until today, they reckon it's probably not the clutch but the dm flywheel and that when they take the box out if it's the clutch it'll be covered by the guarantee if it's the dmf I'll have to pay - I feel like I'm over a barrel, the car's not worth spending money on .... any thoughts anyone please. Roger
  • gnsanders
    Options
    I had my clutch replaced some years ago @ 124,000 miles and the slave was replaced at the same time (the slave is in side the bell housing so the labour to replace the slave would be the same as replacing the clutch, but no extra labour if it was done at the same time). Mine was never perfect, but couldn't be bothered taking it back. It's still exactly the same now and I'm on 217,000 miles.

There's always a debate about whether the dual mass flywheel should be replaced - perhaps you can look on google under Rover 75 forum :- a nicer bunch of anoraks you couldn't hope to meet.
    :beer:
  • youngiuk01
    Options
    my name is tony machanic and garage owner,

clutch £98
    Slave cylinder £125 recomend changing
    DMF duel mass flywheel £290 (recomend changing as an expensive job if goes wrong soon after if you didnt change i would have you sign a waiver)
    6 hours labour @ £30 per (hour my rate) £180

total £693

so if you were quoted £500 no DMF fitted or crap parts cheap imports
    always go to a garage regestard with trading standards as they have been veted
  • youngiuk01
    Options
    defo the DMF should have changed when box was out they should have advised this but lets face it most of the people that work there are all monkeys
    go to a proper garage with trained and qualified mechanics, use a garage that is registard with the trading standards

tony
    machanic 22 years garage owner 5 years
    rogertb wrote: »
    I had a clutch replaced by Mr Clutch a couple of months ago, it's been 'juddering' on and off since then (but never when I take it back to Mr Clutch, until today, they reckon it's probably not the clutch but the dm flywheel and that when they take the box out if it's the clutch it'll be covered by the guarantee if it's the dmf I'll have to pay - I feel like I'm over a barrel, the car's not worth spending money on .... any thoughts anyone please. Roger
  • pinklady5454
    Options
    Hi my ROVER 75 1.8 tourer 2003
    IS NOT MOVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GOES IN ALL GEARS BUT NOTHING UNTIL REV HIGH THEN CREAPS ALONG.
    I believe will be clutch Im in Wandsworth London
    garage quoted me £600 for clutch and slave cylinder. tow and courtesy car.
    is this ok, no mention of flywheel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport