Yorkshire Bank - Maestro Card Issues

Hey.

Is anyone having any problems paying with their Maestro cards with Yorkshire Bank this evening?

Particulary online at websites, online retailers, bookies etc?

Comments

• Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    Network tends to go down a lot, my dad has been having trouble on and off with his Clydesdale Bank Maestro. (Although mostly being declined in shops) :mad:

I closed my account with Clydesdale Bank last month, can't stand them.
  • sgx.saint
    sgx.saint Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I closed my account with Clydesdale Bank last month, can't stand them.

I don't have that option unfortunately, and so far YB have been excellent.

If it is a network problem then that makes me happy as at least I know what is causing the problem.

If anyone else is experiencing problems tonight then please post up :)
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    Yeah it's more likely to be a network problem than a problem with your individual card :).

If it's still doing it tomorrow though I'd pop into your local branch and make sure something hasn't happened to your card.
  • sgx.saint
    If it's still doing it tomorrow though I'd pop into your local branch and make sure something hasn't happened to your card.

I rang there 24/7 Telephone banking, and the lady I spoke to said there was no issue with my account or my card. I had panicked as I am using my savings account which is attached to a Maestro card as my Matched Betting account.

At first I thought it may have been a fraud check as there had been a lot of activity on the account over the past week. But as I say, the lady at YB said the card is fine.

So, hopefully it is just a network issue and should be resolved soon :)
  • sgx.saint
    Argh. Card still not working today either. Tried on three different betting websites. Even transferred funds into a different account linked to a different Maestro card with Yorkshire Bank, same problem.

Called 24/7 Telephone Banking again to be told no problem with my cards, or account and as far they were aware no problem with their network.

So what am I suppose to do now? :confused:

I do have another bank account I could use with a Visa Debit Card, but its a bit of a pain in the backside to be swapping money about etc.

I suppose I will have to give it another 24 hours and see if it resolves itself.
  • mitchb
    mitchb Posts: 652 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Call again tomorrow during your branch opening hours and ask to speak with your branch. Explain to the branch what the problem is and they should have a maestro helpdesk they can contact to clarify exactly why the card is being declined.

Hope you get it sorted
  • I'm having the same issue. It seems to be due to the fact that the new Maestro cards don't have an issue number, only a valid from and expiry date.

I've rang yorkshire bank and they say that all companies should have changed their systems to accept the new format, but many haven't.

Solution............ No idea!
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Generally if your card does not have an issue number use 00 or 01 and it work.

Thats what ive always done and ive never had any issues.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family