Cancelling TMTI Gadget Helpline

Daneel
Daneel Posts: 102 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I signed up for a mobile contract with e2save nearly a month ago. That contract came with a free month with the Gadget Helpline.

I haven't received a letter with a reference number so I can't use their online cancellation system. Calling them results in me being on permanent hold.

Any suggestions how I can cancel?

I haven't seen a direct debit being set up in my bank account as their was for the insurance. Does anyone know when they set that up?

Thanks

Comments

• Daneel
    I just sent them an email asking them to cancel my contract and send me a confirmation email via their contact us page:

http://www.tmti.net/en/contact.htm

Something tells me I'll get no response.
  • Daneel
    OneADay wrote: »

I guess this part of my post escaped your attention:
    Daneel wrote: »
    Calling them results in me being on permanent hold.
  • OneADay
    OneADay Posts: 9,031 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Well it depends on how patient you are, at what time of day you are ringing, what number you are ringing etc...

You could try the email as suggested here http://www.gadgethelpline.com/contact.html
  • OneADay
    OneADay Posts: 9,031 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    And thinking about it, the most likely response you would get if you try to cancel is that they need a reference number. You might be better off contacting e2save.

Saying that, the reference number is usually made up two things. A couple of letters to identify the retailer (e2save) and your e2save customer number. At least thats my experience when I got contracts via dialaphone.
  • Daneel
    Well it depends on how patient you are, at what time of day you are ringing, what number you are ringing etc...

You could try the email as suggested here http://www.gadgethelpline.com/contact.html

Thanks. I've emailed them there. I'll try calling them again now. I'm using the number on the page you linked to.
  • Daneel
    And thinking about it, the most likely response you would get if you try to cancel is that they need a reference number. You might be better off contacting e2save.

Saying that, the reference number is usually made up two things. A couple of letters to identify the retailer (e2save) and your e2save customer number. At least thats my experience when I got contracts via dialaphone.

The reference number is supposed to come from TMTI. e2save may be able to help, but I doubt it.
  • I'm having a similar problem- bought a phone online from onestopphoneshop and cancelled the insurance quickly but hadn't realised the gadget helpline was included until I saw a d.d. toTMTI for 19.74 had gone out of my account. Checked the email that came with my order confirmation and saw it should be £3.29 per month. Cancelled the d.d. and the helpline on the TMTI website and got a letter telling me that the d.d. is taken out every 6 months. Have now sent an email asking for refund of the other 5 months (gave the ref.no.from my original order as I haven't received any paperwork either) and so far have had an email a couple of days ago asking for my postcode to help them deal with it. Not holding my breath but will refer to Consumer Direct if no response soon.
  • i had no problem cancelling either, but to be safe i cancelled them as soon as they appeared on my online banking
  • Have you checked your spam mail?

I got my mobile online and they sent me a mail (went to spam) with details on how to log on and cancel and stuff
    Alternatively you could just long onto your bank and cancel their DD - that's what I've done in the past
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure