Suspicious transaction - "WP-STAGECOACH-SERV"

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    wcbilling.com is the processor for webcams.com

The girl he knew, has made about £20 out of him by the way, as a pay per join affiliate I suspect. (I run webcam affiliate sites)

The good news is that webcams.com are one of the more reputable webcam people ouiut there. However, that email he got. He will have needed to "confirm" his account removal.

Also the way it works is that for each show or "premium area" there is a fee associated with it. That £22 is just the result of that one night. Try emailing webcams.com. If that gets you nowhere, cancel the card. Thats probabily easiest.
  • Joy. Looks like I've just been done by whoever is using WP-SCOACH ETICKET as well. They made a transaction to that site for £10.50, then followed it up with £155 to "LONDON BOROUGH OF NEWH", which, if it's legitimate, can only be Newham Council, who I will be phoning first thing tomorrow morning.

Edit: Hmm... Got another one earlier in the month: LBI PAYPHONE for £5.28. I haven't used a pay phone since October. And another two from LTSB NETWORK RAIL for £60.00 each. I went to Amsterdam in October, but these came through in December... :/
  • rgb83 wrote: »
    Unfortunatly we have to remeber these companies are real companies and are as much affected by fruad as us, they are targetted for fraudsters to test card details and if they work they go on to bigger purchases, stagecoach believe they are seling a ticket,

To be honest, this really isn't an excuse. Those companies should be implementing fraud-prevention measures. My previous employer (a VoIP company) had put in a lot of them over a short period of time, and they cut their fraud level by about 90%. They're not complicated things, either; checking that the IP of the buyer is in the country of their billing address; checking that the buyer isn't in a black-listed country; checking that they're not using a black-listed delivery address; keeping records of all transactions, etc. It's not hard.
  • I just checked my balance today to find three charges from two different companies.

The first of which I am sure is committing fraud. They charged me $1.94 then shortly after two other charges were made for $303.10 twice from this Wp-Scoach Eticket Stockport.

I a made a google search to find all of the other people whom have been charged as well.

Only thing is I do not know how they got my information outside of somehow hacking into my computer?

At any rate this wp-Scoach eticket company is in UK?

I am in the US, how on earth could a company that is in another country on another continent be allowed to charge my card?

This wp coach company ought to be shut down...just look at all of these fraudulent charges that they have made.

I am having to now cancel my card and also out of the funds until the credit card company has waited 10-business days after receiving my dispute letter.

This is total crap
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker

This wp coach company ought to be shut down...just look at all of these fraudulent charges that they have made.

The coach company have made no fraudulent charges - they are a legitimate business.

They have been defrauded (along with you) by fraudsters unknown.

WP is World Pay, who handle card transactions for stagecoach and many other companies (a bit like paypal) - so the coach company aren't even directly involved.
  • thunder_2008
    thunder_2008 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 2 May 2009 at 2:08AM
    After sending in my dispute letter to my credit card company I got a returned amount of $303.10 credited back into my account on 23 April 2009.

Then yesterday which I have just found out today the exact same company charged the amount right back to my card again???

It's been 7-days since the 23rd April 2009, they simply returned my money then they have placed an interception.

Which I don't care what the hell the bank says about this company having still having my information.I cancelled then got a new card with completely different information.

Apparantly they must have some automated type system for intercepting cash once in your account.

Today is 1st May 2009, yesterday I put $300 into my account prior to doing this a checked and had a positive balance.

I ordered two of three things online which I had intended the money on the card to pay for.

This morning while trying to make the third purchase my card came back declined?

Only to notice after checking online my account that these sobs' have charged my card with a date of 30 April 2009.

In other words even though I had loaded my card and already made two purchases they took out the money after the fact?

This means that they are somehow either connected to some sophisticated computer network such that they over road my purchases even though they went on before they could ever have known there was any money in my account even.

So, now I know that wp stagecoach is not a victim as I am, to the contrary they are the criminals'.

They likely are part of either the government or financial sector, either way they diffinetly are not legitmate.

I know have this same !!!!!!!!

that I must deal with again with the !!!!ing loss of money that I had set aside to get badly needed supplies~!!!

These government asswholes are all so corrupt that it is beyond comprehension.

No one can tell me otherwise ...

you don't have some hacker take out money to put it back in then take it out again?

What the hell is this???

That's why I know for a fact this is either ebay/paypal and/or my own credit card company and/or some governmental agency that is connected to either of these and to them it is simply a joke~!!!

Otherwise what in the hell is the point?

Logic says it all...this is not even about the $303.10...hell if it was a regular hacker then why in the hell would they even bother with a few hundred dollar s when they could just transfer out billions from some account somewhere.!!!!

I could kill these !!!!s IF they had the courage to be men and stand up to my face I'd beat the !!!! out of 'em.

I have better things to do than write dispute letters twice in less than a !!!!ing month.

Then wait around for weeks just to get the use of money that I needed to spend right away weeks earlier.

From the exact same company of arsewholes???

wp stagecoach whatever the !!!!kk thier names are need to be closed down if ever I go to the UK they better hope they are not public

Is this what the UK is all about a country so financially !!!!ed that they must steal Americans data just to get by...!!!! ~!!!!
  • I came to this forum after searching for WP-SCOACH ETICKET.

I called by LloydsTSB yesterday after my debit card had been refused at a cash machine and they said they had put a block on it because of suspicious activity. A payment to Thames Water for £300 had been requested (I live in the north of England) and had been blocked by LloydsTSB.

When checking my account today a £1.50 payment was made to WP-SCOACH ETICKET.

So firstly thanks to LloydsTSB for recognising this and swiftly cancelling my card and secondly I would really like to know how they got my details. My main suspicions are currently Paypal, whom I have an account with and the fact my PC was infected with a trojan virus last week with has been subsquently cleaned.
  • I too googled WP-SCOACH TICKET and arrived here, sadly too late like many others I suspect. Yep, same thing has happened to me last weekend. I received a call early last Sunday morning from my credit card company who are SO on the ball, asking me if I went online shopping in the early hours of the morning, buying coach tickets, clothes from RiseFashion, whoever they may be clothes from New Look etc. Of course I did not and the card was immediately blocked, a little too late. I presume a full investigation will be made before my account, which has now shot up by £800.00 extra on an already high credit card bill, can be adjusted, in the meantime, the interest is adjusted and my payments will be increased to match the new total? *Insert swear word*.

I actually cannot believe that it was so easy for this to happen. I have to actually get permission to use my card in the first place, right? This was set up after they notified me that a potentially fraudulent transaction was queried (a kettle from Tesco!). Er, no, that was actually me. But I thought hey, at least they are checking, it might be better if I have to have permission to use my own card, a nuisance but it could be added security so I never minded. I went on a trip in May and had to make sure my card was authorised to use in a different town, I was told if I had not phoned up first, I would not have been able to use it to pay my hotel bill, it was fine in the end, no problems.

The card has not been used since that trip, so why oh why, if at 2 in the morning, all of these weird transactions suddenly started happening could I not have been alerted there and then? Because they are only open between 8 a,m. - 8 p,m. that's why :mad:

One transaction for £241.00 for Republic's menswear was not accepted but 17 coach tickets were. At £40.00 a go.

It's madness.
  • Cerenia
    Cerenia Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    This is similar to what happened with my Halifax card while I was on holiday - 2 small transactions went through, a week later, they cleared the lot out, I got home, discovered it, reported it, cancelled the cards and had an emergency £500 overdraft for living costs, the fraudsters STILL tried to put through transactions - Halifax informed me 2 were attempted 2 days after I cancelled the cards.
    ~*Cerenia*~

2017 Goals
    Wedding Saving Pot - £1300/£2500

• I have just checked my online statement with hsbc: unauthorized payments have been made in the past 4 days to WP-Scoach and National Express Birmingham for a total of over £500!!!! £500!!!! I am going to eat canned beans for the rest of the month!
    Apparently they will give me a new card and refund me.
    This sort of situations are awful. It must be a thief on the run (national express and coach).
    I always receive calls from Hsbc enquiring about my transactions on Amazon (I am a big reader) or on Asos. And then they see over £500 in train tickets in Birmingham (I now live in Spain) and they don't even blink an eye. How strange.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure