Warning - Noddle (callcredit) the 'free' credit check that isn't

I dont know if this is the right place to post, but here goes...

Callcredit, who carry out credit checks, are in the process of setting up an 'new' company - called Noddle.

They say that the purpose of Noddle is to provide FREE Credit Checks, PERMANENTLY. They say it is going through, or is now through its Beta stage - although you have to register for a 'phased' membership'.

I duly registered and was emailed my invitiation to register. The link takes you to Callcredit - although they repeatedly warn / reassure that they're aware you're signing for 'FREE' Noddle.

To prove ID you are required to provide card details. My Mastercard (PrePay) was not accepted (I should have stopped then) so, stupidly, I used my bank card! I made sure that I did not give permission for the card details to be kept.

Over a week ago, I discovered that Callcredit had taken £12 from my account. Apparently they will continue to do this if I dont make them stop (or cancel my card).

I emailed Noddle - no reply.
Further Complaint - Reminder - Which earned an apology from Kirsty, with instructions to contact 'Callcredit', as it must have been my fault but I'd inadvertently signed up with them (Noddle checked their links before posting).

Next day - Another reply (My complaint had been rather strong) from Gill this time, although she obviously had no idea that Kirstly had already replied. Strangely, their responses / blame shifting, were word for word identical.

In the meantime, my emails to Callcredit were simply ignored.
I resent my heavily highlighted complaint - to both companies - threatening Trading Standards / police, etc.

Friday - Received reply from Rebecca at Callcredit - asking for copies of previous mail and responses from Noddle - so she could 'investigate'. I replied immediately.

Today - Received reply from Kirsty at Noddle. Sorry - but (silly me) I must have joined Callcredit without using the proper link (err... NO).

I've now sent email to both - with instructions to cancel, remove details and confirm actions.

Have just this minute received e-mailed apology from Kirsty, who has arranged my removal from Noddle. She assures me that Call Credit will do the same. I await the latter's confirmation of receipt or action. They've yet to acknowledge any reimbursement.

JUST TO WARN EVERYONE: Please DO NOT sign up for 'free' Credit Checks via Noddle (or Callcredit for that matter). They will take money from the card you provide - and will keep taking, on a monthly basis, until you notice the loss... Please also pass this warning on to friends. I hate to think how much they're making from this 'registration process'
:eek:

Comments

• I've used Noodle for 3 months, via the link they sent, with no £12 deductions..?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    I've used Noodle for 3 months, via the link they sent, with no £12 deductions..?

Same here. And plenty of others who have as well.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • No deductions for me either. But OP's experience doesn't sound very heartening. Thanks for the warning.
  • Yep no problems here either. Any issues or questions i have had have been answered and resolved within 24 hours.

Fantastic service, can't fault them.
  • Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    How do you request a new report on here? I can still only see the one from September, but want the latest one :\

I haven't been charged 12 quid anyway
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Zack1 wrote: »
    How do you request a new report on here? I can still only see the one from September, but want the latest one :\

I haven't been charged 12 quid anyway

You get a new one automatically every month.

Depends on the date you signed up on though. If you signed up on the 12th of the month for example, then your new report should be generated around the 12th on each subsequent month.

If it's not, then contact noddle.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Thanks I thought it may be that. I signed up at the start of last month so I'll wait a while longer :)
  • mcjordi
    mcjordi Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Never had a problem been with them for about 3 months.. no deductions either..
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • I get my free credit report with score 1/5 and no info at all in it. Emailed Noddle costumer service about this matter and they refered me to callcreditcheck, which I did. Today I got a respons which I suspect was a copy and paste and didnt have to do anything at all with the missing info. But I didnt get charged.
  • Hi,

I just signed up, but am a bit worried because I clicked on the report from Callcredit, as it said get your report.

Should I have not done this?
    :DDEBT FREE SINCE 25.07.14! :D
    Debt at Highest (November 2010) - circa £40k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills