Talktalk email problem

I am with Talktalk but for the last few days I have been unable to access my emails. The message is 'You have undefined new mails in your inbox'. I have been able to access them by going to aol but I would like not to have to get them this way. Do I contact Talktalk regarding this? - something I am reluctant to do as they always tie me up in knots or is there something I can do myself on the computer to rectify the problem please? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• aqua111
    aqua111 Posts: 525 Forumite
    Had problems with Outlook Express after Talk Talk advised me how to adjust Emails that would not open.
    Emails did not arrive at all after their advice!!!!
    After many calls to technical line, I gave up.
    I am now with Plusnet and no problems.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    Serida wrote: »
    The message is 'You have undefined new mails in your inbox'.
    Which browser do you use? Try a different one. (Why? I googled the error and it appears people using Firefox have this issue with TalkTalk. Try Internet Explorer.)
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Serida
    Serida Posts: 116 Forumite
    Thank you for your help. I use Internet Explorer. Have just tried using Google Chrome and got the emails no problem. Seriously thinking of changing to PlusNet but it's always so much hassle - Talktalk always make me an offer I can't refuse when I ask for my MAC code and the thought of advising people of my new email address fills me with horror - I always forget companies that I don't use very often.
  • espresso
    espresso Posts: 16,446
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you for your help. I use Internet Explorer. Have just tried using Google Chrome and got the emails no problem. Seriously thinking of changing to PlusNet but it's always so much hassle - Talktalk always make me an offer I can't refuse when I ask for my MAC code and the thought of advising people of my new email address fills me with horror - I always forget companies that I don't use very often.

This is why you should not use ISP e-mail accounts! Make the change now to a non ISP account, there are plenty to choose from and then you are not tied to your ISP.
    :doh: Blue text on this forum usually signifies hyperlinks, so click on them!..:wall:
  • WTFH
    WTFH Posts: 2,266 Forumite
    Hold on, you're thinking of change broadband provider because Microsoft Internet Explorer doesn't work properly?

Is it just me, or is that twisted logic?
    1. Have you tried to Google the answer?
    2. If you were in the other person's shoes, how would you react?
    3. Do you want a quick answer or better understanding?
  • Serida
    Internet Explorer works fine for me usually. It's just that I've had many problems with Talktalk over the years. Maybe my logic is a bit twisted.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite

One group bcc email to all your contacts is not exactly arduous..maybe 5 minutes work? But better to take espresso's advice and use a non-ISP-specific account.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • elektra
    elektra Posts: 1,361
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    if it has just been happening in the last few days and only on IE then it is probably caused by IE upgrading to version 11.

Can you check which version you have ?

see this thread about other users with problems with IE11

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4820827
  • Serida
    Yes, I upgraded to 11 a few days ago - must have been round about that time that the problem with emails started. I hadn't put 2 and 2 together. I suppose I'll have to wait to see if it sorts itself out with time!
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I am with Talktalk but for the last few days I have been unable to access my emails. The message is 'You have undefined new mails in your inbox'. I have been able to access them by going to aol but I would like not to have to get them this way. Do I contact Talktalk regarding this? - something I am reluctant to do as they always tie me up in knots or is there something I can do myself on the computer to rectify the problem please? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

OK - More important than the browser (you can see the emails in "web based" aol mail ?) is the email client ...
    What are you using to read emails ?
    outlook, outlook express, thunderbird or something else ?
    sorry, in advance, if I have grabbed the wrong end of the stick
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport