HSBC's premier investment management service

Options
Does anyone have any particular opinion or assessment of HSBC's premier investment management service. I have been thinking seriously about using this service or take advantage of a buy to let property and just cannot make up my mind. Any thoughts would be, therefore, appreciated.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Expensive compared to other options available. Typically what you expect from bank offers DIMS.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • pdb939
    Options
    Thanks for that - do you have any particular suggestions on the safe investment side or do you think a buy to let house would be wiser in the long run?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    do you have any particular suggestions on the safe investment side

Cant say as we dont know your objectives, requirements, tax position (now and future), investment knowledge and experience or what you mean by "safe" (as in context).
    do you think a buy to let house would be wiser in the long run?

Depends on your tax position, objectives, requirements, other assets, your risk profile....... and a large crystal ball.

All we can say based on what you have posted so far is that the DIM services offered by banks is typically expensive and generally quite low quality. They also tend to go overweight in their own brand investments as well which defeats the purpose of using a DIM. You may as well use an IFA in that case and remove a layer of charges that the DIM would have.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure