PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• well today has been a nsd! however its also been a GOT A JOB DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am soooooooooooo happy, and so relieved

:j :j :j BRILLIANT! WELL DONE YOU!:j :j :j
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • thank you den :D:D:D:D
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• JayJay14
    JayJay14 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Just started on BBC 2 - The Hairy Bakers - Bread, cakes and pies - could be fun;)
  • Hi all,

just a small spend of 1.12 for some bananas today so have updated signature. Hoping for a NSD tomorrow as no plans to go shopping as remoska arrived this afternoon and want to do a bit of playing with recipes.

Bree - sorry to hear about Annie

Ifonlyitwaseasier - congratulations on the new job - that must be a weight off your mind - you can now focus on the big day!

Happy moneysaving everyone
    Perrywinkle
  • oh i'm loving the Hairy Bakers, (must set sky+ for next weeks episode) i'm getting hungry again!!! :D

thank you my friends, i'm so relieved :cool: , and i'm going to really enjoy myself on honeymoon now, no worrying and i've been scouting for restaurants in sorrento? any recommendations?
    think i might wander to the travel board for a look.
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• EagerLearner
    EagerLearner Posts: 4,976 Forumite
    Just used this and it works!

XX-TKCR - £5 off a £35 spend at Tesco

Noticed Tesco now have their own 'eco' versions of bicarb (500g) and Borax (400g)... bought some so that I use less of the 200g tubs of bicarb (less packaging) and also curious as to the Borax - Rhonda Jean from the Down To Earth thread seems to use it alot and I've seen it mentioned for household cleaning...

I got the longlife milk (semi skimmed, 18 litres) and 6 of the Cheerios BOGOF (600g) as Mr EL likes them. Plus a few staples like Marmite (250g for £2), Tesco tuna in springwater etc.
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • Chell
    Chell Posts: 1,683
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just used this and it works!

XX-TKCR - £5 off a £35 spend at Tesco

Noticed Tesco now have their own 'eco' versions of bicarb (500g) and Borax (400g)... bought some so that I use less of the 200g tubs of bicarb (less packaging) and also curious as to the Borax - Rhonda Jean from the Down To Earth thread seems to use it alot and I've seen it mentioned for household cleaning...

I got the longlife milk (semi skimmed, 18 litres) and 6 of the Cheerios BOGOF (600g) as Mr EL likes them. Plus a few staples like Marmite (250g for £2), Tesco tuna in springwater etc.

Thanks, I could do with using Tesco.com as I can't drive but didn't want to have to spend £50 to get a code that covers the delivery charge. Fingers crossed that my Clubcard vouchers come tomorrow as I was hoping to use any extra point coupon codes that come with them too.

I often find that I spend more shopping online as I make the order up to £50 so I have a code to cover the delivery charges.
    Nevermind the dog, beware of the kids!
  • just updated my totals. Just under £45 left till the end of the month. Fingers crossed we'll do it!
  • AlwaysHappy
    AlwaysHappy Posts: 1,506
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Another £7.57 spent for me (already) - packed lunch for holiday club partly to blame - I'm finding the recording all my sins on the forum useful though - it certainly focuses the mind. Some of your monthly amounts are amazing!
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
  • taffy1969
    taffy1969 Posts: 372
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi tried to catch up on the thread but far too many messages!!!!!!!

Updated sig, £236.87 spent so far. I think I will be within budget if all goes according to plan!!! SHould have a few nsd's as went to MrT's today - it's terrible in there in the school holidays!

I got a bargin at Mr S on Thurs. Went in with the girls to pick whatever they wanted for tea as a treat, should have been going away but DH still offshore, long story, twice tried to go away, hopefully he will be home this week so we can go this weekend, anyway, on the woopsie shelf there were 2 poussins (sp?) 40p each - WHAT A BARGIN. Had one sunday for lunch with veg etc and had the rest of it in tortilla wraps for tea tonight, girls at the moment want sausages all the time.
    Anyway, chattered enough, hope everyone is having a good month, sorry to hear about the pets, thinking of you all and well done Denise on the job.
    Taffy
    Need to sort my life out! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family