how much is the bus from sheerness

hi there myself and my partner are travelling to the holiday park in the isle of sheppey in kent

we are using the train from london - sheerness.

does anyone know the price of the bus route 360 from sheerness train station to leysdown on the isle of sheppey

also how much would a cab cost roughly

many thanks

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Try taxiroute for the taxi fare.

For the bus fare, contact Arriva:
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    You will have to contact Arriva as wealdroam has said, out of curiosity I looked for fare info on their website but annoyingly they say for single tickets:

• The cost of the ticket depends where you get on and where you want to get off the bus.
    • Simply buy from the driver as you get on the bus.
    • It helps the driver if you are able to offer the right change for your fare.
    http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/south-east/ticket-types/

although how you are supposed to offer the right change when they can't be bothered to tell you how much the fare is I don't know.
  • yeah thats all i found as well on there website we would drive there from london but the other half aint to keen on motorways and its all motorway more or less till we get to the bridge lol. Plus the trains pretty cheap at only 31.50 for both of us return
  • Just had a reply for arriva buses regarding the fare so thought i would share it here for others in-case you ever go to the isle of sheppey

The single is £3.70

The return is £6.40
  • Have you checked if you could get a PlusBus ticket with your train ticket at all? Have a look at www.plusbus.info

I have to admit I haven't used this myself yet but just been reading about it.
    "Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence": Desiderata
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 August 2013 at 6:57PM
    Have you checked if you could get a PlusBus ticket with your train ticket at all? Have a look at www.plusbus.info

I have to admit I haven't used this myself yet but just been reading about it.
    Plusbus is not available there.

SouthEastern tell us:

Capture_zps36d58572.png
  • Just had a reply for arriva buses regarding the fare so thought i would share it here for others in-case you ever go to the isle of sheppey

The single is £3.70

The return is £6.40

£3.70 single for a 9 mile journey. Good value for money?
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    £3.70 single for a 9 mile journey. Good value for money?

We live 2 miles from our town centre. Single is £4.20, return £4.30 and an all day rover is £4.40.
    The man without a signature.
  • That's shocking! Is the aim to price passengers off the buses before the service is axed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure