Theme Park Tips

1181920212224»

Comments

• MillySunflower

Within a 40 min drive you will have loads of choice of accommodation. Have a look at premier inn and Travelodge etc for deals near Windsor, I think there is one in Slough which might be cheaper as Windsor is an expensive area. Sorry cant recommend anything specific as we live 1 hr away so drive in.

We normally go to mcdonalds Windsor afterwards and you will see loads of people with LEGOLAND carrier bags in there! We pay for parking in a car park near by as it is in central Windsor, just across from the castle. Sorry cant remember how much but it works out cheaper going there than staying in LEGOLAND to eat for a family of 4.

Have fun :j
  • MillySunflower

Within a 40 min drive you will have loads of choice of accommodation. Have a look at premier inn and Travelodge etc for deals near Windsor, I think there is one in Slough which might be cheaper as Windsor is an expensive area. Sorry cant recommend anything specific as we live 1 hr away so drive in.

We normally go to mcdonalds Windsor afterwards and you will see loads of people with LEGOLAND carrier bags in there! We pay for parking in a car park near by as it is in central Windsor, just across from the castle. Sorry cant remember how much but it works out cheaper going there than staying in LEGOLAND to eat for a family of 4.

Have fun :j

Thankyou for your advice, I'm looking weybridge as that seems cheaper and is only 15 miles away. We will take your advice and eat at mcD's... The kids will be thrilled!!

Milly
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost.
  • LadyCoupon
    LadyCoupon Posts: 718 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Me, hubby and our two kids both teenagers are off to Alton Towers for the day within the next few weeks. About a 3-4 hour drive for us, but we love it. Will be taking a packed lunch to save money, but a few years since we have been, Rita Queen of Speed was quite a new ride when we were last there, so a few new rides to try out, we love Alton Towers. :D
  • You can get fast track tickets - worth the extra cost as you can jump the queues! Also take exciting food with you - cold pizza is my families fav. you save a lot of money bringing your own and avoid the kids complaining if it's their favorites,
  • hogshead
    hogshead Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Can someone confirm the refil drinks deal at Alton Towers in that how much to buy & are the refils really free of is there additional charges for each refil?

Thanks
  • sarah_id1
    sarah_id1 Posts: 336 Forumite
    What's the best offer for chessington park? We are 2 adult , 1 child and 1 baby (18 month).

Are babies (18 month old) go free?
  • priorslee
    priorslee Posts: 3,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    A couple of minor tips for Drayton Manor:

1. if you are printing Tesco DM tickets at home, don't print it any smaller than A4. The setting on my printer was set at 2 pages per sheet (ie A5) and the bar code was so small the DM scanner couldn't read it. Had to go to their office. log into my email and reprint (wasting about 10 minutes).

2. in theory DM charge £3 for parking; however, in practice there don't appear to be any checks that you've bought a parking ticket. That was the case as we left at about 4pm. I'm not suggesting that you don't buy one, but just mentioning it here in case anyone's interested!
  • Bailey12
    Bailey12 Posts: 10 Forumite
    hey thanks for your great tips!.
  • MSE_Laura_F
    MSE_Laura_F Posts: 1,567 MSE Staff
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    This wonderful thread is an absolute goldmine of tips. Sadly, it's a decade old.

I'd love to know how many of the tips here still apply. Do we have any theme park insiders willing to share?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback