Theme Park Tips

Comments

• Not read the thread but often you save by buying tickets online in advance. Crealy have a 20% saving at the moment (if you buy before 26 Aug 2012). https://bookings.crealy.co.uk/
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 August 2012 at 9:35PM
    Any tips for Drayton Manor, taking my 5 year old Nephew next Friday, bought the tickets online - money saved there, £20 for me, £12 for him.

Thinking of taking my backpack with me to carry essentials and food, is there any where to put them when on rides?
  • danlojo
    danlojo Posts: 564 Forumite
    Even though I've just phoned them I'm still confused......

Disabled access:

My aunt is taking my teenagers to AT on 19th Sep as they have a teacher training day at school. She's just had a disc removed from her back and is on crutches and will definitely not be going on any rides. She is also a blue badge holder. She'll take it steady hobbling around and may use her wheelchair but is just there are the 'appropriate adult'.

I asked if there were disabled concessions and was told that my son (15) would be allowed free access as a 'carer' if my aunt purchased a ticket.

Does anyone know if this is with a full priced ticket or could I try and get some on ebay which may be the free sun offer ones but cheaper than buying on the site?

So, to clarify.....would I just need 2 tickets to allow access for all three?

Thankyou :)
    Life is a rollercoaster.....ya just gotta ride it:whistle:
  • Super_Daz wrote: »
    Is it just me or does that not make any sense?

It looks like they have used a language translator. They are talking about Hollywood Studios in Florida without a doubt as you take the road to the right and the Rock n Rollercoaster is off a road that goes to the right, but the natural flow of the park goes the other way.
  • danlojo wrote: »
    Even though I've just phoned them I'm still confused......

Disabled access:

My aunt is taking my teenagers to AT on 19th Sep as they have a teacher training day at school. She's just had a disc removed from her back and is on crutches and will definitely not be going on any rides. She is also a blue badge holder. She'll take it steady hobbling around and may use her wheelchair but is just there are the 'appropriate adult'.

I asked if there were disabled concessions and was told that my son (15) would be allowed free access as a 'carer' if my aunt purchased a ticket.

Does anyone know if this is with a full priced ticket or could I try and get some on ebay which may be the free sun offer ones but cheaper than buying on the site?

So, to clarify.....would I just need 2 tickets to allow access for all three?

Thankyou :)

I would beware and email them and the age confirmed in writing. The minimum age for a carer is 16 at Merlin parks although minimum age for accompanying someone on the rides is 14. We have a Merlin Annual Pass with a free carer pass and these are the ages listed in the information - it used to be 14 but that recently changed, so that person might not have known the new rules.

You usually cannot get a carer ticket with a full riced ticket as you buy a disabled persons ticket and this comes with a carer ticket.

You would then need a ticket for the other people in the party.

You might find that cheaper tickets available online - often at half price - would be better value than buying a ticket on the gate. Alton Towers is quite big and very hilly so you would need to make your son aware that he is going to have to push your aunt quite a bit in her chair - I honestly think she will struggle to get around after her op. It is going to be a hard day for a 15 year old. I am being honest with you about it, we was absolutely exhausted from just walking around.
  • danlojo
    Thanks for your reply mrs sparrow :)

To be honest I'm happy and she is for them to plonk her near a cafe/drinking station with a book and for them to go off together (15 & 14 year old) with a phone. So long as she is 'on site' with them then that's all I require :)

I'll email them and explain everything as you may well be right about the rep not knowing everything.

Thanks again
  • danlojo
    Can't find any email address for Alton Towers. Can anyone help??
  • nickj_2
    nickj_2 Posts: 7,052 Forumite
    if you suffer from heart problems or of a nervous disposition steer well clear of the shop at the harry potter studio tour , the prices of everything are enough to bring on palpatations and are bordering on criminal .a small tube of jelly beans -£9 - school robe made of polyester or something with a tacky badge on it costs over £70:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:,you pick something similar in tesco for halloween for a fiver

apart from that the tour was very good ,it is amazing the attention to detail that the production went to make everything .
    as i didn't pay for my ticket which would have cost around £28- family ticket 80ish i can't comment on value for money , but it took a good 2 1/2 - 3 hours to go round . i went as a non potter fan , i've not read any of he books and the best bit about the films for me were that they were so long i usually had a good sleep during them when i took my kids .
  • I also like theme park. I am satisfied your tips of theme park.
  • Sarah715
    Sarah715 Posts: 127 Forumite
    I find that the different parks are great depending on age group. Alton Towers and Thorpe park are better for teenagers and young adults whereas Chessington and Legoland, for example, are catered more towards younger children. All are a great day out though!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback