Birthday freebies?

Comments

• I don't usually have fast food, but a free McDonalds would be nice - the large corporations make enough money, so a free meal would be good!
  • johncaduk
    johncaduk Posts: 59
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 19 October 2009 at 10:13PM
    Hi,
    Join up with your local Gala bingo hall and they'll give you a free afternoon/nights bingo session for you and 2 friends on your birthday! Plus get 50 Nectar points whenever you attend and swipe your membership card. These can be cashed in for vouchers/gift cards which you can use towards free games, food and booze... Also, I think there's a Festival of Free Bingo nationwide this week (18-22nd Oct) but best check there website for details.
    The top bingo prize is the High 5 £250,000 twice a day game. Good luck...
  • Pip26
    Pip26 Posts: 2,368 Forumite
    cupcakelady - you are making me think of cake again :naughty::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:when your name alone always makes me think of icing, light sponge, mmmm - butter cream!!!!!!!! etc!!!!!!!! :T:T:T and for some unkown reason, always home-made chocolate or brightly decorated ones!

Have signed up to various things, normally 'food outlets' that send through e-mails with offers on, e.g. a bottle of wine or free dessert but only if you go to the place and buy a main course or have a certain number of people booked in there. Do get a few cards from various clubs/panels: am just trying to recall, Jack Daniels is one, some cheerful children's ones that I do on behalf of neices and nephews have sent them to me instead, Crayola for example, but can't think of any actual physical items that come through the post at the mo. Will post if I think of any.

Last year I sent of for every freebie under the sun and although I couldn't resist opening some, I put a lot in a bag unopened. I filled an 'industrial sized' (well, one of those huge, gussetted) Lidl bags and had the mother of all Christmas stockings! Depends what freebies are around and whether or not you open them as they come but as most don't have any indication of what they are on the outside, i had some really nice surprises like full size make up and edible treats as well as some useful household items.

Will post again if any come to mind.
  • "...your name alone always makes me think of icing, light sponge, mmmm - butter cream!!!!!!!! etc!!!!!!!! :T:T:T and for some unkown reason, always home-made chocolate or brightly decorated ones!"

Lol! :)
  • Oh dear - I hope you're not on a diet, otherwise my name won't be helping!!
  • Pip26
    edited 19 October 2009 at 11:08PM
    ...... i've got to go and find some cake now .... :mad: :mad: but at the same time - :j:j - yipee ... I fancy a treat - hope it's not one of those times when i just end up eating a spoonful of drinking chocolate - actually prob. will be as I know i don't really have any cake :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:- just really fancy it!!!!

edit ....... have just seen your last post and yes - am on diet!!!!!!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:- at least am trying to get rid of stummy (cross between stomach and tummy) !!!!!!!
  • Pip26
    mesb210776 wrote: »
    My local McDonalds give you a free medium meal (or kids meal) on your birthday if you produce proof, you just have to ask!

Do you know if they all do this and how do we go about getting it?

Hope this doesn't sound silly - do we just walk in on day with proof of date and ask for one?
  • TGI fridays send offers for your birthday
  • Pip26
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2045693

Free Nandos meal for the birthday person at certain venues - no other spend required.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    We go sometimes to a Chinese all you can eat buffet. if anyone in the party has a birthday, the waiters bring them a big cake while singing Happy Birthday.
    We've noticed that there are some people who go regularly and obviously know about the freebie that seem to have a different person in their group with a birthday every week.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport