2»

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,056 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Are you sure you won the item??
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Positive I won , don`t mean to be funny but been on Ebay for quite a few years and never had this happen before without some explanation from Ebay or seller.

As I said seemed to me the seller thought he would get more for the items( as did I my highest bid was £90 and won @£21) he should have put a reserve on it or sold elsewhere!
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,158 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well then pay and ask him when you can expect delivery.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin wrote: »
    Well then pay and ask him when you can expect delivery.

Bit difficult now see post 11

"and having looked for the item today the auction has been deleted/cancelled by Ebay and the new listing has also been removed"
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,158 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    treboeth wrote: »
    Bit difficult now see post 11

"and having looked for the item today the auction has been deleted/cancelled by Ebay and the new listing has also been removed"

Sorry missed that!

In that case maybe the seller was scamming as he wouldn't have got suspended just for relisting an item that had not been paid for, it must have been something more serious.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    So the auction was pulled (possibly by Ebay) then you didn't win it. So nothing you can do. However, I wonder why you didn't try and pay as soon as you thought auction was over?
  • Hintza wrote: »
    So the auction was pulled (possibly by Ebay) then you didn't win it. So nothing you can do. However, I wonder why you didn't try and pay as soon as you thought auction was over?

The auction was pulled after it ended along with the new listing as previously stated.

The item was not paid for straightaway as I work long hours and had other concerns ie sleeping&eating. My purchases are normally completed well within 24hours sometimes as soon as the item ends depending on the finish time.

It just struck me as odd that there was no communication from Ebayer or seller regarding the item being relisted.
    IMO any item purchased should be paid ASAP but I would imagine if the item is not paid for within a week(?) the seller would contact the buyer before relisting!
  • big_dave wrote: »
    What is the latest? This is unusual, it is not like you waiting an undue amount of time before leaving payment. I have done this before when selling items i have more than one of and often the winning buyer emails me to see what is going on! :o
    Well wait now to see what Ebay say but the original and new listing of the same item have both been pulled.
    Below is my feedback comments for the last few weeks with seller ID`s and item links deleted for privacy(just to show I do pay pretty quickly), and before anyone comments I am not Ebay mad just purchase items for friends/family too:D

Very fast payment, great communication, highly recommended, thank you very much! 29-Apr-09 14:54
    -- -- Private
    Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended. 21-Apr-09 08:45
    MAINS & CAR CHARGER FOR SONY NP-BD1 NP-FD1 BATTERY

fast payment, great ebayer! 15-Apr-09 23:33
    Quarantine (DVD)

SUPER FAST PAYMENT NICE 1 15-Apr-09 18:23
    MEDAL OF HONOUR WORLD AT WAR WII

fast payment 15-Apr-09 08:10
    Suzuki GSX-R 600 SRAD Engine

fast payment 15-Apr-09 08:10
    Suzuki GSX-R 600 SRAD Chassis Main Frame

Paid instantly, easy transaction, thank you, hope you enjoy your item 15-Apr-09 07:55
    NEW Car Charger for Nokia 6300 N95 or 6500 Slide

Good buyer, prompt payment, highly recommended. 09-
    Apr-09 20:26
    SALE Quality Soft Black Leather Bag Brand New

highly recommended 27-Mar-09 12:40
    Tomb Raider Underworld on pc

Excellent ebayer ,many thanks 25-Mar-09 19:02
    98 Suzuki gsxr600 gsxr 600 black hugger breaking bike

Excellent ebayer many thanks 20-Mar-09 13:10
    Suzuki gsxr600 exhaust silencer end can breaking bike

exellent e-bayer,very fast payment made 26-Feb-09 05:38
    PC-CD ROM TOMB RAIDER the last revelation

fast payment thanks A1A1A1 25-Feb-09 23:19
    steering damper suzuki s-rad

great ebayer, recommended , no problems ******* 24-Feb-09 00:21
    DUAL Wii REMOTE CHARGER STATION FOR NINTENDO Wii REMOTE
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    If the seller has been suspended so quickly, and with also being newly registered, I'm thinking it may have been a habitual bad seller on previous ID's. By raising the issue with eBay it may have been the impetus for them to investigate the seller history a little deeper, and make the connection.

If both items have been removed, then no disputes can be raised either way and no feedback can be left either way. Time to draw a line under it and put it down to experience.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Nothing you can really do. But if ebay are pulling it then if it reappears it might be wise to be cautious and ensure all the boces are ticked (paypal protection etc)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure