Purple or Blue Debit card with Natwest Select A/C ?

Comments

• Full fat visa debit card blo0dy cricky anyone would think your talking about a Supercar or something. Dr addidas.
  • It sounds like milk.
  • fullauth wrote: »
    The RBS group owns Natwest? Which is how it's quite relevant, even though I got confused between the two types of carf, and RBS has been discussed in this thread previously also. Better than starting a whole separate thread, surely.

Thank you for your pointless comment though.

Natwest is part of the RBS group thought they operate independently and have there own separate banking licences hence why there cards are different and Natwest have two separate styles of card the online blue one and the full fat offline purple one.

The only way to tell if an RBS one is offline or online is usually the first 4 to 6 digit numbers of the card. Otherwise they are identical across all RBS accounts!!!

So my comment is as pointless as yours was in the first place!!
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The RBS cards are different shades of blue I think !!
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • stclair wrote: »
    The RBS cards are different shades of blue I think !!

The only one's that are a different shade of blue are the ones attached to the private banking accounts. As mine is dark blue with silver visa debit logo and a silver RBS logo and private banking written on it.

My two ordinary ones look identical to my friends key account one, except the first 4 digits on my card are different.
    Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • The only one's that are a different shade of blue are the ones attached to the private banking accounts. As mine is dark blue with silver visa debit logo and a silver RBS logo and private banking written on it.

My two ordinary ones look identical to my friends key account one, except the first 4 digits on my card are different.

Would you be able to tell from mine then? It begins 4762 300
  • jen245
    jen245 Posts: 1,606
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have RBS changed their BIN numbers then? I thought all RBS group cards started 4751
    Debt free and staying that way! :beer:
  • jen245 wrote: »
    Have RBS changed their BIN numbers then? I thought all RBS group cards started 4751

I opened the account about a fortnight ago if that means anything.
  • No they haven't changed there bin numbers, certain types of accounts have certain bin numbers attached to them.

I.e. one bin number is for the online debit card and another is for the offline debit card.
  • I've been reading this thread out of curiosity and had no idea that the colour determines what sort of card you have.

I opened a current account with them around two years ago and have always had a blue card, but around 2 months ago I got a letter from them with a new purple card, which I wasn't expecting.

I have no idea why they sent it, as I never applied for a new one or reported mine lost? My blue card wasn't due to expire until mid 2013.

It begins 4751 30 - so does that mean it's an offline one? I couldn't use my old blue one at fuel pumps etc.
    This thread has me so pumped, I headbutted my dog and we both screamed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure