FREE trees for schools and communities

discobaby
discobaby Posts: 1,156 Forumite
edited 8 October 2013 at 11:16AM in Freebies (no spend required)
Official MoneySavingExpert insert: The Woodland Trust h is now taking applications for spring free small tree packs.

Packs of 30, 105 and 420 saplings are available to community groups, youth groups and schools. Groups and schools can apply for more than one pack, up to a maximum of 420 saplings.

Apply via this link:

http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/moretreesmoregood/Pages/home.aspx

Groups don’t have to be official – all the Woodland Trust asks is that groups plant the trees on publicly accessible land (after getting permission from the owner) so that the community can benefit from them.

Thanks to discobaby for posting the original offer.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Original Post

Update March 2012:

http://www.woodland-trust.org.uk/hedge/ looks fab!!:)

These are available again, order now for delivery in November 2012. All packs include a special royal sapling, grown from tree seeds collected on royal estates such as Sandringham and Windsor.

Celebrate the Jubilee, have fun and create a lasting legacy for your school or neighbourhood by planting a free pack of trees from the Woodland Trust in 2012.

Thousands of schools have already received a free tree pack from us – apply for yours today for delivery in November 2012.

Schools and youth groups

Apply today for a hedge or copse pack, each containing 60 trees to celebrate the Diamond Jubilee.

Copse Pack

Perfect for planting a small wooded area or 'copse'. Each pack contains 20 each of birch, rowan and cherry, plus a royal oak sapling.

Hedge Pack

An excellent habitat for wildlife, this pack can be planted to create a traditional hedgerow. Each pack contains 12 of each hawthorn, hazel, holly, dog rose and dogwood, plus a royal oak sapling

Comments

• jenza8
    jenza8 Posts: 1,574
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I got a pack of trees for school from the woodland trust, with a similar offer, in a previous year. It's a great offer and nice to see they're doing it again.
    Most recent wins: IPad, Jamie Magazine yearbook, Links of London friendship bracelet, Baumatic ice cream machine! :j
  • discobaby
    It sounds great I have applied for my daughters school again as we live in the sticks its ideal! think I applied for the seeds and copse pack?? can't remember lol either way more for the children to do at school :)
  • davester
    davester Posts: 4,079
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Good for schools that haven't sold off their playing field land to housing delevlopers or even concreated over it to expand the school. Good stong birch will make fine canes for beating education into a child. :D
    Survey earnings total 2009 £417, 2010 £875, 2011 £574
  • katskorner
    katskorner Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Thanks. I have just forwarded the link to the head of my sons primary school. I am sure they will be really interested!
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • tillytat
    tillytat Posts: 897 Forumite
    Thanks for this. I've just emailed the local primary school with the details and have sent details to local high school via my granddaughter. Such a great idea towards providing natural habitat for the wildlife as well as helping the eco system. :T
  • discobaby
    davester wrote: »
    Good for schools that haven't sold off their playing field land to housing delevlopers or even concreated over it to expand the school. Good stong birch will make fine canes for beating education into a child. :D

Funny but sadly true! We are fortunate here though and the new forest just a stones throw!:)
  • Another Great School Find, Thanks for Sharing OP, have passed on to my mum who's a head teacher and will pass onto the kiddies school in the new year.

Thanks Again for sharing
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Where's the Coffee?? Show me the Coffee NOW!!
  • Pip26
    Pip26 Posts: 2,368 Forumite
    Great post - thanks!
  • This has been going for ages they actually send you a set of whichever you decide on EVERY SEASON.
    We've had 3 lots now and they are all good plants, perfect for the kids to plant in the school garden.
    J-Lo samples were fab:smileyhea CK, Joop, Britney
    Olay mask, 2 x razors, skin cream,shampoo, Fruit bars
    Lip gloss, mini suncream,foundation,Simple,
    2009 free films = 2
  • :money:took th eemail i had this morning up to my local school and they were chuffed:money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure