Has anyone ever ordered from stelth solutions?

Comments

• HI JUST BEEN FLEECED OF MY CREDIT CARD DETAILS ON A SPOOF SITE CALLED RIVERGAMENET.CO.UK PLACED ORDER FOR DS BUNDLE FOR 69 POUND PUT IN ALL MY DETAILS THEN TOLD ORDER CANCELLED WRONG INFO ENTERED. SO TRYED AGAIN SAME THING. I THEN GOT 2 EMAILS SAYING ORDER PLACED FROM RIVERGAMENET THEN ANOTHER SAYING ORDER CANCELLED BUT FROM DIFFERENT COMPANY CALLING THEMSELVES STELTH SOLUTIONS. THOUGHT THIS WAS DODGY SO DID A SEARCH AND CAME ACROSS THIS FORRUM SO IT LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE NOW CALLING THEIRSELVES [ WWW.RIVERGAMENET.CO.UK] DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE THEY HAVE COPIED FROM POWERPLAYDIRECT.COM'S WEBSITE AND WILL STEEL YOUR DETAILS PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT PLACE ORDER IF YOU HAVE BEEN FOOLED LIKE ME CANCELL YOUR CARD IMMEDIATLY. THEY WERE ADVERTISING ON EBAY THATS HOW I FOUND THE LINK TO THIS SPOOF SITE.
    SO JUST TO CONFIRM [STELTHSOLUTIONS] ARE THE SAME AS [RIVERGAMENET] SAME CON JUST DIFFERENT NAMES.
  • Did you report them to ebay too, Clucket? The sooner they're kicked off there, the less advertising they'll get.
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • I've been stung by this site - offer too good to be true & it was.
    attempted to order Nintendo ds package - emails advising order cancelled.
    about 3 weeks later they have attempted to wire £383.90 out of my credit card. luckily my card supplier did not authorise the payment.
  • chou_123
    chou_123 Posts: 207 Forumite
    My sister found the site RiverGameNet, and thought it a great deal. I thought RiverGameNet too good to be true, and it is, it seems after I searched Google and saw this thread. Apparently RiverGameNet is a phishing site to get your card details - the fact there is no telephone number to contact them, and that they are based in Guernsey is enough to set alarm bells ringing. Warning: RiverGameNet is a very professional looking website - but DO NOT go near them.
    Watch this space...
  • PeteMc
    PeteMc Posts: 567
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    This is a hash of a website, RiverGameNet have tried to copy the faq's in the http://www.gamehead.com.au website very poorly (they have left Gameheads Returns Form in their help section). As others have pointed out the main bit is a rip off of Powerplay Direct site with a slight alteration on the address.

I don't think that the fact that they say they are in Guernsey should automatically point to a fraudulent business, HMV are based there and although they can be slow sometimes I've always received the goods.

Good advice about the lack of telephone number, always suspicious, but looking at Powerplay Direct they don't have one either :eek:

It's easy to see how people can be taken in with this site.
  • This company are now trading as Elektronics, and are linked through Amazon!!!!!!!!

I thought that Amazon would have taken better care of who links into their website.

I have also placed an order which has been refused, and am now going to contact my credit card company just in case.
  • New Company now "trading" at same address, Toytricity.com. There website looks very similar and as my wife has twice tried to place an order and got the "Error in data" type e-mails, I am now in the proccess of cancelling my DD card. The website looks pretty proffessional and genuine, it was only when we got the order rejected and I checked out the forums that the alarm bells started ringing. I'm thinking, because of the lack of info (As well as virtually no google hits) they've just set themselves up in the last few weeks to catch people out during the Christmas rush. Please don't get caught out by the scamsters.
  • stackie wrote: »
    I've been stung by this site - offer too good to be true & it was.
    attempted to order Nintendo ds package - emails advising order cancelled.
    about 3 weeks later they have attempted to wire £383.90 out of my credit card. luckily my card supplier did not authorise the payment.

I fell for this one too, DO NOT order from toytricity!!! They also trade as Electricalz Ltd.

Attempted to order on 03/11, got emails accepting the order, but when submitted payment the next screen said there was a problem with either stock or their internal authorisation process. Shortly after i got an email saying the order wasn't processed.

Then on 06/11 (so very quickly) i had contact from my credit card company saying someone had attempted a money transfer for about the same amount as stackie. Somebody had also logged into my credit card 3D secure site and changed my profile details.

I can't believe this has happened to me, i actually sell identity protection insurance, and am so aware of the ways fraudsters get hold of your details. I have to admit my suspicion arose because when i made the payment, they asked me to provide my card CVV and my tel no. in a 'notes' box which they said was for identification for the delivery. Please note: no-one should ever ask you for DOB or CVV for that reason.
  • Unfortunately this site is back up and running as at 9th November 2008. Doing exactly the same thing and I have just been stupid enough to give them all my details before becoming suspicious and finally finding your post. BEWARE!!!!!
  • Rob_Fitz wrote: »
    Unfortunately this site is back up and running as at 9th November 2008. Doing exactly the same thing and I have just been stupid enough to give them all my details before becoming suspicious and finally finding your post. BEWARE!!!!!

I too was taken into this scam last night (11th Novemeber 2008) and was foolish enough to submit an order twice. I contacted my provider to cancel transactions immediately. They cancelled my card today (12th) and informed me that the transactions were not showing. Is this purely a card scam where they try to obtain payment/money via another means or do they use the original transaction at a later date?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure