Tesco Bank Login Problem

Comments

• Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    caileag wrote: »
    Chrome v21 uses a sandbox for flash, so it works effectively independently of other browsers.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/7evN0lilGFc

Hence, the files you previously excluded to make the computer stay recognised will probably not be the right ones for use with Chrome v21.

Probably worth calling the helpdesk?
    Didn't earlier versions of Chrome also use a sandbox for Flash though? Though I suppose it could have been 'tweaked' in some way in the latest version.

I've been using Chrome with Tesco Bank for several months now without any problems.
    Stompa
  • I too have had the same login problems using FF 17.0.1. and IE8. Every time I login it comes up with 'computer not reconised', I get sent (taking 3/4 days) - a new security number, everything is set up again and I get into my account BUT the next time I get the same problem again. I have to phone up and get them to send yet another security number! This goes on again and again.

There response is it's quicker using a text - BUT if one doesn't have a cell phone, because I don't need one, being retired and mostly at home it's called discrimination!! It must be costing them a fortune in postage!!
  • The permanent cookie or as they call it "security file" it sets on your pc is missing. This could be for a variety of reasons; most likely "privacy" browser settings are deleting it or you are using "clean up" software.

If in "FF 17" you have the options>privacy> "I dont want to be tracked" option ticked, then this is the sort of setting which causes this kind of chaos!
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Indeed, I have the same 'problem', as I have my browser setup to delete all cookies when I close the browser. Otherwise I'm snowed under in cookies within a few days and Google thinks its a good idea to ram advertisements down my throat for whatever I've searched for in the past few days.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You could try ccleaner - fabulous piece of free(*) software that lets you exclude certain websites from cookie cleaning.

So you would exclude https://www.tescobank.com from cookie cleaning and the prob should go away. Haven't tried myself whether it really does work with Tesco, though.

(*) there's a paid for version too but the free version does everything the casual user needs to do.
  • pqrdef
    pqrdef Posts: 4,552 Forumite
    On my PC I didn't even get the message, it just crashed (IE or Chrome). The only way to get in was to opt not to try to fingerprint the PC. This meant doing the mobile phone thing for every login.

I was blaming this on an out of date version of Flash.

Then I installed Firefox and that works fine, with no Flash installed at all.
    "It will take, five, 10, 15 years to get back to where we need to be. But it's no longer the individual banks that are in the wrong, it's the banking industry as a whole." - Steven Cooper, head of personal and business banking at Barclays, talking to Martin Lewis
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    innovate wrote: »
    You could try ccleaner - fabulous piece of free(*) software that lets you exclude certain websites from cookie cleaning.

I have tried it out now - it's working a treat! Tescos plant cookies under various URLs, but telling ccleaner to keep cookies from login.myproducts.tescobank.com/arcotafm/saml seems to do the trick. No more sending of codes, it just lets me log in straight away. Yay!
  • swanny65
    swanny65 Posts: 336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I have had various login issue, usually server taking to long to respond, for the past 2 weeks, since Tesco altered our security login

Phone them and told service down completely as a fix is being implemented today....

Fingers crossed
  • Thanks, i've been trying to log in this morning, wondered why the page would not load.
  • For future reference/unexplained log-in problems etc, this website's very useful

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport