Has anyone used zapper.co.uk for selling dvds / books / cds?

Hiya,

I was looking on musicmagpie to sell my cd's and they were offering 30p for pretty much all of them. I want to get rid of my old CD's but thought I would see if there was anywhere else online to do.

I came across zapper.co.uk - never heard of it before but typed in my barcodes and they have offered between 50p and £2.47 for each cd which has so far offered me £5.07 for four cd's! A lot better than musicmagpies £1.20. I am going to add some more now as I have loads but thought I would check on here first!!

Anyone used zapper before?

xxx

Comments

• mrs.way wrote: »
    Hiya,

I was looking on musicmagpie to sell my cd's and they were offering 30p for pretty much all of them. I want to get rid of my old CD's but thought I would see if there was anywhere else online to do.

I came across zapper.co.uk - never heard of it before but typed in my barcodes and they have offered between 50p and £2.47 for each cd which has so far offered me £5.07 for four cd's! A lot better than musicmagpies £1.20. I am going to add some more now as I have loads but thought I would check on here first!!

Anyone used zapper before?

xxx

yes - r they too good to be true.

Fishy?
  • nessauk
    nessauk Posts: 79 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Did you use Zapper in the end? If so then were they any good? Am looking for some feedback before I decide whether to use them.
    January Grocery Challenge 2016 = £119.41/£250.00
    Weekly Savings Challenge 2016 = £364.31/£1378.00 26.44%
    Virtual Sealed Pot Challenge 2016 #9 = £13.88/£500 2.34%
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #26 = £140/£500 28%
    1% challenge 2016 = £100 Total saved £100/£10,000 1%
  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I tried to sell a few CD's on that well known auction site, some of which were my late fathers and never opened. The response was pathetic, but I suppose it depends on the type of Cd. Maybe nobody wanted brass band music.

But if you can be bothered, perhaps try some yourself, either as individual items, or maybe groups.

If they don't sell, you'll not have lost anything, assuming you have picked 99p as the starting price. Even starting prices up to £4.99 are only a few pennies.

If they don't sell that way, then sell through that site the original poster has mentioned.
  • mrs.way
    mrs.way Posts: 133 Forumite
    no i didn't - still don't know whether to ! xxx
  • jondunn
    jondunn Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2012 at 12:31PM
    Just sending off a package of 30 books, CDs and DVDs for which Zapper have offered around £25, will report back as and when payment made. I gave up on Music Magpie as website was so flaky, then discovered Zapper buy books as well as CD/DVDs, which is a major bonus - it gave values upwards of £1 for obscure business books I thought I'd never get 10p for! You do have to have at least 25 items hough whereas Music Magpie will accept packages of 10+ items.

UPDATE: happy to say that my books and DVDs were accepted the day after shipping and a cheque arrived 2 days later. Marvellous! Well done Zapper. Will use again. Also thinking of getting the school PTA to collect unwanted media from parents to sell via Zapper and raise funds for the school.
  • deb13b
    deb13b Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm just setting up a list of stuff to sell to zapper, was wondering if anyone on here has used them.
  • MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have £7.25 listed so far and will trawl through the churches bric-a-brac stash to see if we can raise some money. Like a previous poster, obscure books, in our case theological studies, which we could give away, are fetching £1+ :)
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Zapper are well-known to the charity sector. They have been around for years and act as a disposal portal for unsold books, CDs and DVDs.

Not quite sure what they do with them, but will be scanning a load of DVDs in to add to the books I have already scanned.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• They dont seem to be overgenerous in their offerings, I was offered less than £2 for items I know would go for well in excess of £10 in a few test cases, however certainly convenient for moving on a quantity of items if you dont have the time or patience to bootsale or suchlike.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure