Boilerjuice

I rang around a few companies this morning having got an instant quote of 39.75p per litre +vat. The company I've ordered from not only beat Boilerjuice but also another local company. The cheapest quote I got today was 35.43p. 10p a litre less than last time, so it's going the right way!!

The operator ask me if I wanted to arrange an account and pay monthly (i.e our average annual cost split over 10 months). On the face of it it seems like a good idea, we fill up twice a year in December and late March usually, so it's alot of money to find so close together. I'm just afraid they might not be quite so competitive once they've got my money though!!!! :rolleyes:

Has anyone else got experience of how oil distributors charge once they're assured of your dosh??
:wave:

Comments

• Just bumping

Has anyone else got experience of how oil distributors charge once they're assured of your dosh?? Are they less willing to be competitive?
    :wave:
  • None I'm afraid but why don't you split the annual amount you spend on average on oil by 12 and put that money away each month instead?, this is what I am intending to do once I have had a year in this house and know what we spend!
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • alanfp
    alanfp Posts: 173
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    "why don't you split the annual amount you spend on average on oil by 12 and put that money away each month instead?"

Couldn't agree more. What would be the advantage in lending your money to a supplier for no interest, to an organisation not protected by financial compensation rules etc. If they go bust, you're stuffed.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I used Boilerjuice afew years ago and it was great. It isn't any more! I now use it to get a benchmark price on-line and then phone round and invariable get lower quotes from local suppliers.
  • Smamfer
    Smamfer Posts: 2,473
    Forumite
    right im about to place my first order of oil as been told told when i move in to new place on sat the tank is nearly empty!

Boiler juice have actually come up cheapest and ive rang round about 10 diff companies in and around south lincolnshire.

Todays price is 35.85 a litre min 500 with bj
    Highest i got quoted was 37.86
    ~~Gonna Buy Me A Shrimp Farm Bubba~~
  • Smamfer
    Smamfer Posts: 2,473
    Forumite
    Just adding here.... boiler juice quote is not always what you pay, if there is people local to you that have also ordered your price will come down.

Ours just came down £45 due to others ordering it
    ~~Gonna Buy Me A Shrimp Farm Bubba~~
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I have had an email yesterday from my oil supplier mentioning a more environmentally friendly kerosene?, apparently it makes your boiler more efficient does anyone know anything about it and if so, is it worth making the switch from standard to this?

Yes, it is even better if you add very finely shredded ten pounds notes to the oil !
  • Smamfer wrote: »
    Just adding here.... boiler juice quote is not always what you pay, if there is people local to you that have also ordered your price will come down.

Ours just came down £45 due to others ordering it
    The first time we ordered from BJ the price came down by £45 - tht was a year ago, and it has never saved us more than a few pence even though all our neighbours are alerted, and order at the same time. How strange is that>?
    Now there is a scam about bj driving up prices: well the previous poster has it right, save the amount each month so you have the cash to pay for oil - at the best price *when* you need it..
  • see todays Sunday times for an expose on this rip-off company.
    The site boilerjuice.com is NOT a comparison site as it claims as it's owned by DCC energy who are charging more than double for oil fuel!
    :beer: :beer:
  • Having read the article in the Sunday Times today, one can only imagine that Boilerjuice trading will go through the floor until things are clarified.
    As a Boilerjuice customer who uses their monthly saving scheme, I have taken the precaution of stopping further payments and have requested a refund of the credit held by them - don't want to lose any of my money if they go to the wall! Moreover, I have sent Boilerjuice the following email text:
    'According to the Sunday Times, Boilerjuice is owned by DCC, a company that owns many oil delivery companies. Is this true, and if it is, how can you guarantee that the prices you agree with suppliers are in your customer's best interests and not your owner's profit margin?
    Until DCC sells Boilerjuice, and when you can categorically confirm true independence, I will not order through Boilerjuice.'
    I'll repost if I get a reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport