PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How do you find repossessed homes to buy

Hello
I have looked on the Internet and they seem to require a regular fee for me to view all properties in Leicestershire area that are coming up for auction.

I would have thought it would have been more readily available especially when they say repossession of homes is on the increase.

Does anyone know of a way to find out details of properties in your local area for free???

Your help would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Wings
    Wings Posts: 190 Forumite
    Google Propety Auctions..Savils,Alsops are just two of many.
  • Wings
    Wings Posts: 190 Forumite
    Google Property Auctions..Savils,Alsops are just two of many.
  • alba37
    alba37 Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    Countrywide is another one.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Not all repossessed homes go to auction. Get hold of the Mercury on houses night - you will see notification of offers on repos in the estate agent ads. Seems to be concentrated on just a few agents. Give them a ring and ask to be notified of all.

However, in my local area (not far from you) the repos don't seem to go for less than market value. A bit like houses needing renovation - people think they'll automatically get a bargain and seem to lose their heads a bit.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Nearly all repos go on via EA's long before they hit an auction.
    If I have Offended you. Thats Great :j
    If I have Offended your Religion, Race, Sex, Country, Hair Cut and your taste in Biscuits.:mad:
    Now Thats Bargain:T
  • Hi! you can get these repossessed houses. I had a website as well.I will dig it out and post it here for you to see asap. The deals were fantastic but i did'nt have enough cash for deposit.
  • Many repossesed house don't sell for much less than any other house that is on the market. Many that I have dealt with recently have actually been sold for OVER asking price, so don't assume you are going to get a bargain!

Whereabouts in Leicestershire are you looking? I may be able to help you.
    My home is usually the House Buying, Renting and Selling Forum where I can be found trying to (sometimes unsucessfully) prove that not all Estate Agents are crooks. With 20 years experience of Sales/Lettings and having bought and sold many of my own properties I've usually got something to say ;)
    Ignore......check!
  • ali111 wrote: »
    Hi! you can get these repossessed houses. I had a website as well.I will dig it out and post it here for you to see asap. The deals were fantastic but i did'nt have enough cash for deposit.

Do you have the website address? I am looking for a bargain buy, as the rest of the world!
    The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket. :rolleyes:
  • Repo'd houses generally go to auction houses. Whether it's a bargain depends on how many people are bidding for it! There are what appears on the face of it to be some absolute bargains; but then they might have damp-rot or need underpinning or the roof might have collapsed last Tuesday - who knows.
    Try for example https://www.barnardmarcusauctions.co.uk
    I'm not affiliated with them in anyway btw...
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Heres some auctioneers. Do remember what seems a "fantastic price" is only the guide price and they very often go for more.

http://www.wheresmyproperty.com/auctions/lo.htm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport