Last Share you Bought?

Comments

• Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 3 November 2012 at 5:49PM
    I'm still kicking myself for not buying them 2 or 3 months ago, I was really tempted at 29p!

Everytime it dipped below 30p I wanted to buy more and talked myself out of it. Still the right decision at the time as I'd be 'massively overexposed', whereas now I'm just 'slightly overexposed.'
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • Masomnia
    Forumite
    gadgetmind wrote: »
    It should be 4.625p.

Whether it makes more sense to buy now or later depends on whether you want dividend income or capital gains.

Of course, you could diversify into NWBD. This has a slightly lower coupon but the Ts&Cs mean that a skipped dividend is unlikely and would actually better for holders in the long term.

I'm thinking the fact that it'll be 6 months from the next divi will be priced in; whereas I don't mind holding for the 6 months, others might be thinking there's an opportunity cost to holding that long and choose something else in the meantime. We'll see!
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm still kicking myself for not buying them 2 or 3 months ago, I was really tempted at 29p!

ISTR I bought my first wodge at a shave under 40p and a slew more at 22p. Yes, I averaged down, and not for the first time, which is something I need to keep an eye on!

I now hold small amounts of Lloyds and HSBC ordinaries, and eye watering amounts of bank preference shares. Enough.

However, my overall portfolio is fairly well balanced as I hold loads of stuff that would send the younger guys here into a catatonic sleep.

HICL anyone? Or CGT? SLXX?
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • I have heard of HICL, Questor recommends them. Its an income thing then, the drop in 2008 makes me wary of risk/reward for it though

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/markets/questor/9626187/Questor-share-tip-HICL-worth-its-place-in-a-portfolio-for-the-long-term-income-stream.html

They mentioned here, with APF which I do have:
    http://www.stockopedia.co.uk/content/nice-but-dull-four-dividend-super-heroes-69094/
  • gadgetmind
    Forumite
    Alongside HICL, I also hold JLIF, INPP and BBGI. Can't be taking risks with steady stuff now can we!
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • sabretoothtigger
    sabretoothtigger Posts: 10,035
    First Post Photogenic Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 6 November 2012 at 1:16PM
    I sold some CAZA for 161% gain, I think they can gain more so long as the fracking is ok long term and especially if they continue to get results like this from future drilling they got lined up

Bought some AAZ. Also some RRL recently, too cheap even without Somalia and unpopular now. BG group, it might get cheaper but its fair.
    Today I think BP was a buy before ex-div and POG might gain from here, Im waiting for Gold to drop out to 1666 and scare people ? :eek: before a rise to 2000 :D

Market is negative most likely, look for salmon stocks :p
  • Masomnia
    Forumite
    I couldn't have been more wrong about LLPC, it's made up getting on for half of the dividend! Could fall in the next few days but I doubt it. Not sure I'm tempted by paying 110p.
  • gadgetmind
    Forumite
    If you think that LLPC has done well today look at NWBD!

OK, low liquidity stuff like these jiggles around depending on whether the last trade was a buy or sell, but I think this is the highest clean price we've seen since 2008.

• Natwest likes Obama, he will never raise interest rates
  • Masomnia
    Forumite
    gadgetmind wrote: »
    If you think that LLPC has done well today look at NWBD!

OK, low liquidity stuff like these jiggles around depending on whether the last trade was a buy or sell, but I think this is the highest clean price we've seen since 2008.

By a long way! This is why I don't do 'trading' btw :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure