Spending Nectar points on cigarettes?

Options
A friend just asked me if you can spend your Nectar points on cigarettes, I said I dont think you can as you cant collect points from cigarettes, but having looked over the website (quickly I might add) I cant find anything that mentions it.

Does anyone know if you can actually spend your Nectar points on cigarettes?

Comments

• lolotoo
    lolotoo Posts: 344 Forumite
    Options
    I would change them on to a gift card and pay with that. I do this all the time to save for xmas.

Just buy something small at the counter like a 20p newspaper and take a sainsburys gift card ask them to load it with whatever value you have and then say can I pay with points. Jobs a gooden.:beer:
    Jan 2011 £10 Sports Direct, Football and 442 Subscription. Lindt Chocolate and a Camera and makeup.:j
  • Wkdwill
    Wkdwill Posts: 825 Forumite
    Options
    lolotoo wrote: »
    I would change them on to a gift card and pay with that. I do this all the time to save for xmas.

Just buy something small at the counter like a 20p newspaper and take a sainsburys gift card ask them to load it with whatever value you have and then say can I pay with points. Jobs a gooden.:beer:

Thanks for that ill let her know.
  • Jakejakejake
    Jakejakejake Posts: 6,324 Forumite
    Options
    The till will allow you to take nectar points off cigarettes.
  • Wkdwill
    Wkdwill Posts: 825 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, she ended up ringing Nectar and they said although you cant collect points from the purchase of cigarettes you can spend your points on them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure