King size mattress, questions again, please help!

Comments

• Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    edited 20 January 2010 at 3:33PM
    hog wrote: »
    Tim

I have read the posts on SALUS matresses and am now confused.
    I know you have prossibly answered this before but.
    We are looking at a SALUS memory 1200 and asked specifically if the springs were encased in foam and was told they were not. There is foam around the edges and 2" mem foam on top, but the springs were not encased and were metal.
    They also stated the matresses ar not rolled.
    Looking at the Beasley site, not much info. How can I find out the actual make up for the matress? The shop concerned is a small outfit and not a main chain.

Whoever told you that they aren't reflex foam encapsulated springs was wrong. Have a look at the label here which actually says that they say 'encapsulated in high resillient foam' which actually means the same thing. eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=160390639923
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=160390639923

As far as them being rolled up or not, it's difficult to find out as they don't appear to have a web site.
  • Pinkypants
    Pinkypants Posts: 1,337
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Salus are NOT on the internet, that's meant to be one of their selling points. I was on their stand at the NEC for the bed show just this Sunday. They do not want their products on the internet, they want customers to try the product in store.

Salus matts are not roll packed, yes some Bresley ones are but Salus are not.
    Helping the country to sleep better....ZZZzzzzzzz
  • Pinkypants
    Forumite
    If Salus finds out that their products are being sold online, they will close down the account with that retailer and quite rightly too.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Pinkypants wrote: »
    Salus are NOT on the internet, that's meant to be one of their selling points. I was on their stand at the NEC for the bed show just this Sunday. They do not want their products on the internet, they want customers to try the product in store.

Salus matts are not roll packed, yes some Bresley ones are but Salus are not.

There are many companies who don't sell their products on the internet, but they do provide information about construction and specifications on line. It would be a good idea if they did this, because otherwise it looks like they have something to hide.
  • Pinkypants
    Forumite
    Not really, they are aiming at the higher end of the market. Nice show rooms, staff that are knowledgeable (unlike my spelling), good looking product. Giving customers the choice of comfort in store experience, i.e trying the beds. They don't think that you can buy a bed online, especially at the prices they are charging for the product. That's Salus's view, not necessary mine.

There are loads of differant products on sale that you can't get full specs on. The motor used in most vaccum cleaners, which element in a kettle etc.... Why should Salus allow the competition to know the full spec of thier products? Does KFC give away the reciepe for their Chicken covering? hmmmmm nope...etc..
  • Pinkypants
    Forumite
    Also to add just because 1 Brand is owned by another it doesn't mean that it's the same people building the product. Silentnight have different staff and products to Sealy. Gainsborough have differant staff and products to Airsprung.

It doesn't mean that just because 1 Brand is not good in the Company the rest are all bad apples!
  • Tim_Deegan
    Not really, they are aiming at the higher end of the market. Nice show rooms, staff that are knowledgeable (unlike my spelling), good looking product. Giving customers the choice of comfort in store experience, i.e trying the beds. They don't think that you can buy a bed online, especially at the prices they are charging for the product. That's Salus's view, not necessary mine.

There are loads of differant products on sale that you can't get full specs on. The motor used in most vaccum cleaners, which element in a kettle etc.... Why should Salus allow the competition to know the full spec of thier products? Does KFC give away the reciepe for their Chicken covering? hmmmmm nope...etc..

Well many people who buy in shops still do research on line.

As for giving out specs, if they aren't even giving out basic specs, then possible buyers won't be able to compare them to anything else.

As for trade secrets, how often do you think manufacturers of any product just buy one of their competitions products and then take it apart? It happend all the time.

Usually if the spec of a mattress is witheld, then it's because they have something to hide. Sleep to Live are a perfect example of this.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Also to add just because 1 Brand is owned by another it doesn't mean that it's the same people building the product. Silentnight have different staff and products to Sealy. Gainsborough have differant staff and products to Airsprung.

It doesn't mean that just because 1 Brand is not good in the Company the rest are all bad apples!

That all depends on how much control the group has.
  • Pinkypants
    Forumite
    Salus don't hide anything, go into a shop that sells them, and anyone can see the spec for themselves.

When most people say research they really mean I'm going to price compare.

Lets post no more about this, we've hijacked the thread enough.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Salus don't hide anything, go into a shop that sells them, and anyone can see the spec for themselves.

When most people say research they really mean I'm going to price compare.

Lets post no more about this, we've hijacked the thread enough.

So why not give any information about their products? If you go to the Breasley site, it's as if Salus don't even exist.

Most people compare specs and prices to see which give best value for money.

It's hardly hijacking a thread when the previous post before yours was almost exactly a year ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure