Britony Combi SE boiler Please Help!!

I was wondering if any body could recommend a corgi plumber in SE London?

I have a Chaffateaux and Maury Britony Combi SE boiler which has broken down....according to the flashing lights on the front the problem is 'no flame detection'.

I called British Gas for a one off repair who recommended I spread the cost and take out a maintenence contract with them (of course), I thought it would be easier on my wallet not having to pay them a lump sum so took them up on the offer.The engineer came to my house , said that the boiler wasn't on their Service list, that it could be a number of things that are wrong (PCB Board, electrode or the leads that connect the two) and that it would take two weeks to get the relevant parts meaning British Gas couldn't touch it and wouldn't be able to offer me a maintenence contract after all.....he then left.

I called a local guy but he told me I actually needed a new gas valve.....that he would make some calls to try and find one and get back to me that day but never did.......after chasing him 3 times over 3 days with no response I gave up........ so I called the boiler manufacturer who said that according to the display I did need a new PCB board and that it most definately would NOT be a gas valve problem.

Managed to find a PCB Board myself from a great local company but because they're so highly recommended they're very busy and can't actually fit it for 3 weeks!!!!

Like everyone in this situation I'm having a nightmare trying to sort this out and am hoping I can call someone up, tell them the problem, give them the part and all will be well(hopefully)...... so if anyone can recommend a corgi plumber that works in SE London or any advice at all if you have the same boiler or have had the same problem I'd be very very grateful.......

many thanks

g

Comments

• Hi,

Did you sort this, I reckon the board if pretty easy to fit yourself with very limited skills.

Also, did this fix the problem ? I have the same boiler and it comes up with the same error (code 60?). A local plumber tried what he said was a 'new' board, though it looked pretty tatty in the box it came in, but I still had the intermittent fault. He then changed a pressure valve and eased me of £160 - however I still have the intermittent fault.

I can buy a new board but am not convinced it will fix the problem, but as my plumber didn't really have a clue I can't see the point in getting him back. I reckon I can change the board for the cost of a plumber coming back to not fix the problem.

ML
  • brianfj1200
    brianfj1200 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 December 2009 at 4:34PM
    I have the same combi boiler and a few years ago had to change what is known as a common fault on this boiler and that is the valve that switches between central heating and hot water. Every time I put the hot tap on the gas would ignite but I would only get cold water,"where is the hot water going" I hear you call, well because the valve was dodgy it was feeding directly into the central heating system (not good in the middle of summer) I managed to pick a new valve up for around £20 but it is a pig to replace. And guess what? The damn thing has packed in again only this time I can get hot water but no heating so the valve has stuck the opposite way this time, So looks like to try and locate another valve and spend another hour or so on my back replacing it.So if anyone is having a problem try both hot water and heating separately and if the flames go out on either one it stands a good chance it is the valve which is on the left behind the drop down plastic panel you will see a censor on the front with 2 purple wires coming from it. The main control for the valve is at the back where there is a plug with 6 or 8 wires on it, but good luck coz it's a pig to swap out.
  • Hi there,
    I've also got a 5+ year old Combi ( I think it's an 80) but I'm currently freezing my rocks off with the error code 60 flashing red, no hot water or heating. Does anyone know what this may be? Any help appreciated.
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    jayemay wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I've also got a 5+ year old Combi ( I think it's an 80) but I'm currently freezing my rocks off with the error code 60 flashing red, no hot water or heating. Does anyone know what this may be? Any help appreciated.

A quick google suggests that this is either a dirty sensor or a faulty PCB. Both faults are common! Have you tried power cycling to see if the boiler will reset?
  • Hi folks

I have a Combi (80 S.E. I think) and something odd has happened with the Domesic Hot Water temperature when I try to fill the bath. I downloaded an installation and user manual some months ago but can't see how to adjust the 'bath tap flow rate'. I have worked out that is probably why the water temp. is lower for the bath water than the rest of the DHW system - which is working perectly fine elsewhere in the apartment. If I run the cold tap in the kitchen (or anywhere else for that matter) the bath tap water temp. comes back up.

Does anyone out there know how to adjust the flow rate for the bath tap?
    Thanks for any help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport